1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Describe your eating habits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Jun 11, 2009.

?

What best describes your food lifestyle?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2009.
  1. Other people do my cooking or I grab fast food. I'm a skinny teenager who cares.

14 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. I cook for myself sometimes, but mostly fast food / others make it. Moderatley health conscious.

46 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. I cook for myself and others often and try to watch what I eat on a regular basis.

46 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. I'm a bit of a health nut that counts calories and takes care of my body.

14 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. I eat mostly organic food when I can: very concerned about what kind of stuff is in my food.

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. I'm a Hippie-vegan that only eats organic food and worships Al Gore. I eat mostly for health.

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Yeah, that's the thing about fast food...your body craves it when you consume it a lot, but when you've stayed away from it for awhile, it looks like the most disgusting thing in the world.

Same thing with high sugar content foods.

your body adapts to healthful eating.

I love it.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Syntrax Nectar? If so, does it taste decent?

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Yea, its Syntrax. The Lemonade powder tastes like Gatorade. For some reason, this is the only company that I have ever found that makes Lemonade protein powder. I don't know why there isn't any other company making protein powder similar to Gatorade flavours. I like to mix my protein powder with water, so this Lemonade flavour is the best. Mixing water with something like traditional Strawberry or Vanilla protein powder is straight up nasty.

4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

organic as much as possible (I shop at whole foods, trader joe's, and farmer's markets). I avoid corn syrup, MSG, aspartame, nitrites, and genetically modified foods. I am not a vegan, but only eat non-hormone meat and wild fish. I recommend eating a lot of raw fruit/veg (a juicer works well for this), raw nuts, and non-red meat/fish.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I was going to buy some, but was worried what it may taste like despite most of the reviews on bodybuilding.com. They have other flavors. I was going to try the lemonade or fuzzy navel probably.

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I'm interested trying that too. I use BSN Lean Dessert but only with milk. I can't add water because it tastes nasty.

Is this the right one?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I never got the ground turkey thing. Makes me gag even handling it. I grind chicken breasts for chili, tacos, etc. But never burgers....that's sacrilege.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I eat about 5 times a day, but that's only if I don't get drunk the night before, then maybe 2 times...;)

I watch what I eat, but that doesn't mean I don't eat bad...I'll do a burger and fries every now and again just to keep my body use to it so i don't get sick when I do eat fast food...

I do fat free everything (cheese, milk, etc.) and bake chicken a lot...I just try to eat the healthiest thing on the menu when I go out...but my weakness is mexican food, so bring on the 10 baskets of chips and salsa...

9. Lady_Di

AMEN!! I just LOOOOVE chips and salsa...there is no way that I won't eat them when going to a mexican restaurant.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yup, i bought a pepsi the other day. First one I've purchased in a few years. I couldn't even finish it. Took me 2 days to drink <60% of a 20fl oz bottle, and the rest is still in my fridge gonna be tossed because it's flat.

I just can't drink that sugary stuff anymore. And Fast food like McDonalds is the nastiest thing ever.

I've got 12 chicken breasts in the fridge that I BBQ'd last night. hmmm....can't wait to get in there and make me a BBQ chicken sandwich.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yup. I may buy some soon just to get away from the usual chocolate flavor. I always add protein powder to water, so I don't mind. But are you saying you're going to add this stuff to milk? Lemonade milk? :eek:

12. Lady_Di

I just bought Fuzzy Navel because I like that flavor. I'll let you know if it tastes good. I meant that most of chocolate flavored protein powder tastes bland if water is added. Well, Lean dessert is the exception but milk makes it taste better. A scoop of Lean Dessert is 150 calories but add a cup of milk which makes it 250 calories. I figure that the Fuzzy Navel will save me some calories since it's only 90 calories a scoop and I don't have to add milk. Hope I'll like the taste!

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If I'm lazy or short on time I'll just straight up substitute turkey for beef, but if I'm going all out I'll make a turkey base using a whole turkey, and then pull the meat from the bone and dice it really finely. Either way, there's a lot less fat and I feel like the resulting chili has a meatier flavor than one made with chicken. Different strokes for different folks though.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Option one, except for the skinny teenager part.