1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Williams is a BEAST

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't say that I do...I think a co-worker might have a daughter there but no one that i'd really talk to about.

As for DW's ball handling. He is an efficient ball handler, meaning, he doesnt really waste his dribbles. WHen he dribbles it's with a purpose. Whether that means he is a good or bad ball handler, i don't know...but I know that that means i don't mind him handling the ball

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This dunk was flat out sick! I must've rewatched this on DVR about 20 times after it happened. The entire arena was buzzing.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v5pZUjIhJS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

no worries. I thought I'd throw it out there. Most people won't do it because the pay is too low.

In a lot of ways Williams reminds me of Chase. Williams has more upside and more athleticism, but the question of him being able to go against the 3s in the NBA is perplexing. I don't like the notion of running him at the 2 spot or pushing him down to the four either. If he matches up with a good coaching staff I could see him easily excelling in the NBA. Is he as good as people make him seem? No, but I think he'll be able to hold his own.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

No sh&t...

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As for handles. I think he'll be ok at the 3

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FIqjtKJhgic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

true. He will be a solid guy for years to come but never a superstar. I'd imagine he's max out at an 18 & 8 type guy.

A motion offense does seem to suite him best though. It allows him to use his versatility without actually having for force the ball to him in a certain situation.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My girlfriend is so set on him becoming a Rocket it isn't even funny. I think if you put him on a team with a good floor general like a CP3, he will excel.