1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose tears meniscus

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 24, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thibodeau: &quot;First and foremost, it's concern for Derrick not only as a basketball player but as a person.&quot;</p>&mdash; K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/570629810579484672">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thibodeau said team physician Brian Cole will perform procedure.</p>&mdash; K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/570630101420904448">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thibs doesn't know when surgery will be scheduled. They're still weighing options--removal vs. repair.</p>&mdash; Sean Highkin (@highkin) <a href="https://twitter.com/highkin/status/570630194849030144">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thibs: &quot;I don't know what to say other than it's so unfair.&quot;</p>&mdash; Nick Friedell (@NickFriedell) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/570630826766962688">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en"><p>Thibodeau: &quot;This one hopefully will be shorter.&quot;</p>&mdash; K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/570630847415648256">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just a bad day all around for Chi-Town fans. :(

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Brandon Roy 2.0. :(

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What terrible, terrible luck for Rose. I feel for him and hope he has an amazing recovery. I feel no sympathy for the Bulls, however. This franchise, the Rockets, has had so many problems with the "i" word that it's simply ridiculous. I don't recall Chicago sending us flowers, sympathy cards, or Girl Scout cookies while we dealt with those issues in the past, or while we still continue to deal with them. It's the breaks of the game.

5. SemisolidSnake

This is Ken Griffey Jr. levels of sad. MVP-awarded player with career subsequently destroyed by constant injuries.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

just terrible and people were on him last year when they said he could have came back for the playoffs.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

teams currently missing at least one of their top two players due to injury:

knicks
    nets
    celtics
    sixers
    pacers
    bulls
    bucks
    pistons
    pelicans
    rockets
    fakers
    clippers
    thunder

8. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

While I agree with the bad luck aspect, I think we should send some flowers to Da Bulls.

...along with a thoughtful "Best of Luck" card and a Max RFA Contract for Jimmy Butler.

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Derrick Rose could have gone down as one of the greatest players in history if healthy. The dude always lifted his team to the top seed when he was. Shame

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Their winning records weren't that far off from when he was healthy, Rose is really overrated in that regard. Great individual player, but not a guy that carries a team by himself.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd feel bad for the Bulls fans, but they got their fun for almost a decade. If we win 4 more trophies, I'll reconsider my stance.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Shorten the season.

I know I know "The old school guys did it!"

Yeah, but we have international ball going on now too...

13. i3artow i3aller

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

more to life than basketball man.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Feel really bad for Rose. But honestly, he hadn't been close to his play from a few seasons ago. He was looking pretty tentative and quite frankly that entire team offensively looked out of synch. It is like they didn't know how to integrate Rose back into the offense. And an offense that now included Paul Gasol and Butler's improved play. Just very uneven. Not to mention Noah's play has been substandard.

The Bulls have a good team, but they are surprisingly too up and down. They almost might benefit from knowing Rose is out and focusing (doubling down) more on what they have with Gasol/Butler and get Noah amped up more defensively.

I also don't think it will be cake walk for Cleveland to the finals. People are writing of Atlanta way too quickly. That would be a mistake.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Remember when Rose showed out in that Team USA debut where Paul George destroyed his leg?

It's like final destination, the basketball Gods are out to get him.

18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Yeah, like the $40 million he's owed over the next two years, or the nearly $150 million he's already made.

I'd gladly tear up my knee year after year for that salary. Somehow, I think Rose will sleep peacefully on a bed of money.

19. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Still think Chicago may be better off without Rose, he just wasn't himself this year and has not been all that efficient.

For some reason, Thibs loves having ball dominating point guards.

Rose
    Nate Robinson
    DJ Augustin
    Aaron Brooks

I doubt any of those names are the answer, but put a guy who can distribute and defend as the PG of the Bulls, and I think with their current roster they're still a title contender without Rose.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

That's what Ariza's doing.