1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose really that important to Chicago

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yung-T, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Asked myself about his MVP chances, now that Bulls have won every game without him and the same thing happened in past seasons.
    Is he really THAT valuable to them? I think they would still be top 4 in the East without him and he generally benefits from the fact they have a great roster and team record. I remember last season there were stats that indicated that the team is more efficient on offense without him playing because he sometimes tends to ISO and his team touches the ball less and get worse shot opportunities.

So my question, is D. Rose overrated regarding his role as a leader/ overwhelming key to their success? I don't think he's overrated as a star that can carry a team in certain situations, but I just don't see how he's a difference maker ala Bron, Dirk or KD.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Did you not see them get crushed by Memphis by like 30?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Their team is good enough to win regular season games. I mean they have Deng, Boozer, Joakim Noah, that's good enough to win games in the leastern conference. D Rose will show his worth in the playoffs.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

That Memphis team has finally gotten used how to play without Z-bo and increased expectations. And that was a road game.

They have been playing well without Rose, and last year also (just not as well offensively).

I think defensively, they can do fine without Rose. And the team's foundation is built upon defense and rebounding.

They are a playoff team easily without Rose. But the absurd notion that the team lives and dies by Rose has been debunked this year.

However, Rose makes them a title contender as he is a legit superstar. They're simply the Pacers/76ers without Rose.

5. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

I have been saying this since Coach Thibs got there last year. The Bulls D is the reason the Bulls are winning more than D.Rose. Rose is still a good player. But he is very overrated. I dont care who play in the NBA( they are still NBA quality teams that the Bulls are blowing out without their "MVP"). Your team does not blow out any NBA team without the MVP of the league.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Switch DWill with Rose and they probably do just as well

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You've got to be kidding me.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Seriously.

With Rose they destroyed the Grizz. Without him they were destroyed.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This board is too hooked up on "team ball". So much so that they don't realize we need a true superstar.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

How many "true" superstars are there?

IF Lowry can get his fg% up to around 46-47%, he can pretty much be a top 15 player in this league, if not higher. Dude is ballin'.

We're 10-7, same record as the Lakers who supposed have 2 superstars.

11. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Wow no. D-Wil is not Rose....Rose has easily become the best PG scorer in the league.

He is the glue to the team and the superstar that can take over in crunch time and take big shots. He is also the leader of the team in the locker room and in practice.

If you took Rose away from the Bulls the team would be back to Skiles era Bulls basketball with a bunch of role players but no big shot playmakers to step up and take control.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They need Rose and there isn't another PG in the NBA right now that could take his place on that team.

Tom Thibodeau... great coach.

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Rose is extremely quick and can cause typical point guard breakdowns for the other team. You need someone who can break down defenses in the playoffs.