1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose Mindset

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox11, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

a PG in the NBA whos game is predicated on elite athleticism. ACL tears are pretty bad.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So do the Bulls have every right not to pay him then?

3. Twin_Towers

Twin_Towers Member

I agree with Chuck. Every career has its tradeoffs. At least he will be able to spend the rest of his life with his family after the age of 35 or so. The rest of us will work like dogs until we are 60-65 or older. He will retire young and work at his leisure with all the money he needs to give himself and his family a great life. Like Charles said, its a tradeoff and it was worth it.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wonder if he'd be taking those precautions if he was still grinding trying to make it.

Basically, he's gotten paid. He's made a name for himself. No need to do anything further.

I can dig it.

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

No he's the definition of soft. Most players play with pain after that many years of balling. Rose holding himself out of games due to current pain tolerance and the possibility of future pain is SOFT.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

have you ever torn your acl?

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

He's holding himself out due to sprained ankles. I know i've sprained my ankle many times much worse then his current sprain and returned to playing much sooner.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

are you kidding, the fans are the only ones throwing a b****fest, the organization are probably the ones who wants to baby him as much as possible. They already lost him for 2 entire seasons, you think they can afford another injury to him this early in the season. They probably told him to sit whenever he feels his body doesn't feel right and slowly ease it in, one more injury and it's most likely early retirement for Rose.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

great logic, do you play basketball at an NBA level, have you had 2 previous ACL surgeries in the past two years.

A lot of injuries happen from players overcompensating about another injury, you think the bulls gives a crap about a regular season game more than Rose's health. They probably want him to sit whenever he feels a little bit uncomfortable seeing what happened last season.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

ill take that as a no. so you have really no reason to be bitter. you in no way understand what its like to come back from major injuries like that. comparing yourself to rose is not even close to relevant.

11. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

You compared me to rose by asking me if i've torn my acl. I responded in kind.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah to see if you actually know what its like to go through atleast a major injury and the mindset professional athletes have to overcome. a recreational sprained ankle is not relevant in comparison to a professional athlete and the priorities that come with it.

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

According to DRose one of those priorities is to sit in on board meetings years from now without discomfort. I don't want a player on my team with that mindset. That's something i would expect to come out of Royce White's mouth not a former MVP.

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

awwww poor celebrity multi-millionaire and his sprained ankles.

Everyone needs to feel sorry and pray for him. Rough ass life he has had.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He wants his next max contract. He will do everything he can to be 110% healthy in his contract year.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

if any teammates former and current had any apparent issues with him, by the team not being a priority it would have came out a long time ago. has anyone? nope. So gasol turns down the chance to team with KD, WB, ibaka and form a powerhouse in okc and decides to team with Drose. thats interesting. you can view him through the media all you want and that's what a lot of common fans do. but until you understand what its like to go through atleast one major injury, then you will never get it. I'm sure half of the common fans are also fantasy owners and are just taking out frustration as well.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

typical casual fan response

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

typical homer fan response.

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

You didn't address the words that came from DRose's mouth. Either he's an idiot or he's soft.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope some people actually look at situations with a bigger picture, not just what you see on tv and read on the internet.