1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deron Williams traded to Nets for Favors, Harris, picks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LongTimeFan, Feb 23, 2011.

1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The people in Utah must've really turned on Deron Williams for him to be traded like this. If the whole Sloan thing was really about keeping him happy why would they ship him off a few weeks later?

2. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

how?

1. Quick action, not wait-and-see. not waiting your stars players rotten like Yao and TMAC.

2. even a top 5 pick as bust as Favors, can get you a star player. think about it.The key is to get a top 5 pick.tank is the other answer.

3. inishi

inishi Member

You just answered your own question. There is now way they trade him to a western confence team. We also couldn't offer two first rounders and neither Kyle or ab are better than devin Harris. And how do you know he didn't inquire about him. Oh yeah.... I forgot you were attached to the mans hip and knew everything he did. Do you people even think before you post......

1 person likes this.
  4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I think they told sloan that D Will was a goner and Jerry said Eff this and got out of dodge, hope this doesn't sound TOo optimistic but could we now make an offer for Al Jefferson :confused:

5. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

SMH, and we still haven't made a move yet. Just wow...

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think Morey is an exceptional GM, so this is not a criticism of him, but this disappoints me greatly. I had hope that the Rockets would acquire Deron or Paul when the other almost assuredly was going to join the Knicks.

With Deron going to the Nets that makes me think Paul is a lock now for the Knicks to buddy up with Melo and Amare.

7. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

East was already strong , now getting stronger getting Melo and D-Will .

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

I wonder how Sloan will feel about this when he gets his telegraph at the farm next week.

9. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

10. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

C-Jefferson, Okur (when he comes back)
    PF-Milsap, Favors (Probably bench since he's still trying to learn how to play)
    SF-AK47
    SG -? Miles (not sure whose playing SG)
    PG -Harris (overpaid)

is still a decent team.....I assume they will try to trade milsap, okur, or jefferson to provide more playing time for Favors next year for SF/SG.....

good trade for Jazzholes.....2 1st rounder also for D Will who plans on leaving anyways.....

11. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Morey should be going after Steph Curry and Biedrins now!!!!

12. hourocket365247

Does this mean Sloans coming out of retirement???? :p

13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Under current NBA rules, D-Will isn't eligible to sign an extension w/Nets until July 9. So this can NOT be an extend-and-trade like Melo

14. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Dam now the Rockets really do have a chance at playoff spot. Another first round exit

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So Sloan retired for nothing? LOL.

NJ actually got a better deal than the Melo one. But it will take time for them to build around Williams.

16. gah

gah Member

LOL!

I'm still hoping for that guy to get laid, maybe have a threesome... multiple times.

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

Nate Jones: You know why? Utah front office doesn't allow leaks. More teams should figure out how to operate in this fashion.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LOL...

19. Braga

Braga Rookie

fixed.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Probably not. Cant really blame them. Looking longer term though, as the East loads up at the West's expense, eventually we will see all these Eastern teams wanting to unload players that they will only do so in trades to Western teams.

Eventually.