1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deron Williams NOT happy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 19, 2010.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Deron keeps his hands on top of the ball when he dribbles more than any other player I've seen in the NBA. Paul carries the ball far more often than Deron.

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If Morey wants him on this team, trust me he can get him..

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Paul palms the ball but Deron does the definition of carrying the ball. Watch a replay of the skills competition from all-star weekend :)

4. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Officials don't call that anymore. I'm fine with it as long as it looks smooth.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If he does, somebody will start a religion worshiping him. :grin:

6. krockets

krockets Member

I love to have D William on our team...

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I bet that after the new CBA negotiations it will be even HARDER for players to change teams via free agency, simply because teams will be that much more handicapped in offering max contracts to them relative to what their original teams can offer.

If that is the case, you can book it that Utah will offer him the max, and that he will stay on with them until he is over the hill. Sucks, but that's just the way the NBA works these days.

Thank David Stern for turning it into a trade-only league. And I mean that equivocally since Morey has done just fine under these rules, low-balling the restricted FA's we've had control over (Landry) and manhandling the teams that have been forced to overpay their FA's due to Morey's meddling (Gortat).

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

Is Deron much better than Brooks? For that price, I'll keep what we have.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The 2nd quote supports the 1st quote in what the league might become. What Morey is helping to bring in actually - Moneyball.
    Deron is far better than Brooks. But "for the price" you'll definitely go the bargain route than even paying slightly over market price. Only the most calculated of risks will bring in a big money player. Which of course helps keep Deron on his team.

Shortening the max length of contracts will help free agency slightly. Then fans also complain about lack of continuity, they dont like turnover. So maybe retaining players isnt the worst thing.

10. cavevato

cavevato Member

Uh...Remember when the Rockets played the j*zz in the playoffs and it looked like Boozer was torching Yao, well......That was Deron pretty much making that happen. We need to get Ronnie on our team somehow :)