1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derek Anderson on Quitten, Blazers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, Dec 20, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=212&xlc=554709

Anderson's best memories of his lone season in San Antonio have little to do with playing basketball.

"The Bible studies (we had) every morning, or every chance we had," he said, "with Avery Johnson, Malik Rose, Sean Elliott, David Robinson ... Those were the best moments. You can't replace those, because now I don't even go over to my teammates' houses."

A lot of the guys here don't have guidance, or the guidance is coming from the young guys.

"Scottie (Pippen) is trying to lead by example, but he's never been a verbal leader."

Pippen not a leader? Showing no guidance? Won't even go to teammates' houses? Great job Scottie... congrats. :p

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

haha I know Pippen hates playing over in portland. I love how the way his career has just disappeared.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

And the people in Seattle must have been wasted for booing A-Rod.

Is Anderson in denial?

Quote from ESPN.Com

4. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Hahaha...bet he's kicking himself in the butt for leaving a real team and going to that bunch of digruntled misfits known as the jailblazers....

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Pippen is in a worse situation with the Blazers then he was with the Rockets.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I thought it was San Antonio that let Derek go? Am I wrong?

7. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

He was a free agent and had already made up his mind that he wanted to sign with Portland. However, to help out Portland financially, and to keep San Antonio from losing their 3rd best player for nothing, they worked out that sign and trade with Steve Smith. It worked out well, since Smith at SG, was also unhappy staying in Portland, since they were adding SG Anderson, to a team that already had SG Bonzi Wells, who had started earning a lot of Smith's minutes and eventually his starting job last year.

8. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Another interesting article on the Blazers:

If the Portland fans continue to boo their leading scorer, this could cause some serious problems after the season ends, when Bonzi becomes a free agent.

9. ScreamingRocketJet

"They can boo us every day, but they're still going to ask for our autographs if they see us on the street. That's why they're fans and we're NBA players."

what a w@nker.

no way would I pay money to get see a guy with that attidude play any sport.

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I have a solution to all of these snobby players. Let's stop going to games and let them play each other in an empty gym. They only care about "winning" right? Theyr not worried about the fans? They just "wanna play?" Guess what Bonzi. We pay your salary.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The only thing bad about Scottie's situation with the Rockets was that he was a crying b**** that placed blame on his teammates when the team didn't win.

BTW, not many people are going to care what you have to say when your signature is 20 times longer than your posts.