1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Departure Roulette -- changing your flight last minute

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droopy421, Jul 18, 2013.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Saw this on facebook:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PenROORvLyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would definitely be tempted to push the button.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Are they providing accommodations while you're at the destination or just buying you economy tickets to that place and then take off?

If I had some free time and know there was something like this before hand, I'd buy the cheapest ticket I could find to anywhere and then press that button. I don't think they'll drop you off at some awkward place like Congo or East Timor anyway..

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This would be cool if it were my wife and I...no kids. But I see this ending up how this kid in my office found out where he was going on his LDS mission.

My bosses are LDS, both went to Portugal for their missions. Another co-worker is LDS, he went to Mexico City. So the young high school kid in the office was about to graduate and he was in line to go on his mission. We anxiously awaited the exotic locale to be announced where he would go. Austrailia? Argentina? Hawaii? France?

Nope.

Cleveland. I can't say how disappointed we were. Out of all the places in the world to travel to, Cleveland. (And yes, I know, the point of the mission is not sight seeing...but nevertheless.)

/csb

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Could have been worse. Dude could have gone to Detroit.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This reminds me of when the Spice Girls let the fans decide where their next concert would be, and I think the world voted for Iraq or something. Knowing my luck, I'd be sent to Tres Fronteras or something.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Or Baytown.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's funny. I know a kid that had to go to South Central LA for his.

Cleveland gets a bad rap though (and no, I'm not ScolaIsBallin). It is seriously, in my opinion, a city on the rise. Give it five years, and it will be the newest Pittsburgh.

I would do this Departure Roulette in a heartbeat though. Unless it was when I was about to board a flight to Hawaii (this December). Otherwise, it'd be a cool thing to do, as I love to travel. I'd feel like it was a dead giveaway.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Or Uganda.

1 person likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Cleveland population in 1930: 900,000
    Cleveland population in 2012: 390,000

yep, it's on the rise!!

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Wow, I didn't know that Cleveland was such a small city.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Its not. That's just a product of movement to the suburbs. Its like looking at Detroit without looking at Detroit's suburban population.

Right now I live in Minneapolis which has a population of about 390,000. But if you look at the MSP metro area, its almost 3 million people.

It really depends on city structure. Houston, for example, is gigantic and encompasses areas that could be labeled as "suburbs." Most cities do not do that so the city population looks smaller than it actually is.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep. If you drive from Lakeville into Minneapolis, you will drive through 5+ cities. In Houston, driving a further distance, you are always in Houston.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Assuming this is real......

You have to admire the balls of the people who actually did it. In my footloose and fancy free single days, I would have done it in a second.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I still wouldn't have the balls. What if I end up in like Somalia? LOL.

15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I would consider it if I were on my way home from a trip. If I was on my way to the destination I probably wouldn't since I wouldn't be flying somewhere unless I wanted to go there in the first place.

16. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

so great

[​IMG]

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

That is called LIVING right there..... I basically did this when I moved to Miami

18. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm LDS, and I actually went to Tacoma, Washington. At the time I was a little relieved, cause I was a little nervous about strange foods and/or diseases, but in retrospect it would have been cool to go someplace like South America or Hong Kong or something like a lot of my friends.

I have 2 brothers. One went to the mountainous part of of Chile (Concepcion), and the other went to Chihuahua, Mexico.

19. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

You talk about your single days a lot. Makes me think you regret doing the family thing. You're not even that old... Life is short, if you want to do this type of thing then do it.

20. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Do I have to drink a Heineken at any point during the trip?

If so, no thanks.