1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Department of authoritarian irony

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Will, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is even funnier than when the Taliban paused briefly from their summary executions to demand evidence of bin Laden's guilt.

Los Angeles Times
    Sept. 26, 2001

Don't Heed Government, Taliban Tells Americans

Mullah Mohammed Omar, who heads the ruling Taliban movement, appealed to the American people to "use your sense" rather than blindly follow the government's policy to attack Afghanistan.

The appeal was made in a message addressed to the American people and faxed to the Reuters news agency from Omar's headquarters in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar.

"You accept everything your government says, whether it is true or false," the message said, referring to the U.S. allegation that fugitive militant Osama bin Laden is behind the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Every quotation that I read from him sounds like this. It just goes to show how little he understands about the United States, and vice versa.

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Could someone please help me out here and give me a word that means 'hypocrite,' but 10 times stronger. Words are failing me here.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Whats next, a fax telling us to get rid of our TV's, phones and computers?