1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denzel and Crowe: AMERICAN GANGSTER

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, May 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hmm

Hmm Member

Titans - authoritarian, disciplinary socially insecure/branded man who aims to find respect and trust from those that persecute/distrust him through unlikely triumphs in a popular sport where the odds set against him are doubled in the mentoring of challenging young men going through a difficult transition in their lives.

He Got Game - authoritarian, disciplinary socially insecure/branded father who aims to find respect and trust from the person that persecutes/distrusts him through unlikely triumphs involving a popular sport where the odds set against him are doubled in the mentoring of a challenging young man going through a difficult transition in his life.

The only difference is that while one goal relied on the sport itself, the other relied on the choice of school.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Socially insecure?

Rocket River

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

His outwardly demonstrated inapproachable persona.. and placing of social walls between certain associates who have a form of authority or equal say on what he does with the team and his own thoughts and beliefs.. fear of worst case scenerios if he were to openly communicate them.. even if attempted discussions or greetings stay away from his personal ambitions and work.. like invites or propositions of "someday" casual friendly get togethers.. what makes him include those that aren't against him into the group that are against him.. intense suspicion and defensive approach to the slightest challenge or question of his thoughts and beliefs.. insecure in his sociability.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I never defended AP, SC, or JN... but if I must:

Al Pacheeno:
    Dogday Afternoon guy != Heat Guy != Scent of a Woman Blind General Guy != Devil ['s advocate] Guy
    Sean Connery:
    Indiana Jones' dad != Entrapment guy != James Bond != The Rock's Escapee Dude
    Jack Nicholson:
    As Good as Obsessive Compulsive he Got != One Cuckoo Guy != WOLF != The Departed Boss != Someone's Gotta Give Diane Keaton a good time guy

:eek:

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

well I could just say denzell, malchom X+= religious leader, titans=football coach, training day=cop, mo betta blues=musician

that's two different points, they all play different characters, the question is whether they act the same playing those characters.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'd say Connery plays roles at least 3 different ways. There is the suave ladies man style, we see that in the James Bond roles. There is the wise elder that we see in The Hunt For Red October, First Knight, Finding Forrester, Highlander, The Untouchables, etc. and there is the why am I doing this movie style like in Zardoz.

7. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I agree with this, Forrest Whitaker is brilliant. To play frickin Idi Amin and then go to The Shield and play a reckless IAD agent is great range. His role on The Shield was great, it was a very good character and his acting was superb, and the whole eye thing just made him seem even more of a scary intimidating b*stard, which was the goal.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dude... sorry for my technical language. The " != " in programmer talk means "is not equal to". :eek:

I meant to say that the James Bond guy is not the same as the Indiana Jones father guy (guy = character). I wasn't saying that their profession is different... only that they are different characters. You misinterpreted it because I miscommunicated it. :(

Denzel is the same in all his movies.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

My favorite redundant actor is Christopher Walken.
    He pretty much does the same thing in every movie, but damn is he good at it.

Christopher Walken >>> all redundant actors