1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver throwing a game away to Portland on purpose in hope of Houston falling to #4 seed!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 6, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's in the Rockets hands. Just win. Too many scenarios.

Rest makes players soft. I like this. Rockets have something to play for going into the playoffs. Rockets aren't even at peak powers yet. Rockets can reach another level by playing against OKC last game of the season.

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

We don’t need the 2 seed. The 2 seed will likely face the thunders in 1st round. 3rd seed the is the most ideal fit the Rockets and Denver know it.

Drogba likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Arguably this is good for the Rockets. It gives the Rockets a chance at the two seed. Further the Rockets path is in their own hands. If the Rockets REALLY want to beat OKC, they will.

4. macan

macan Member

technically clippers could still drop down to 7 seed. we never know

5. jowman

jowman Member

Hoping Milwaukee shows up to play OKC as well to push them down to the 8th seed. It would be in their interest to force Golden State to go through the toughest road possible, making it less likely they have to face them in the finals. This is assuming the Bucks actually believe they will make the finals and have goals outside of simply getting an MVP for Giannis. It's possible they just want to screw Houston over to justify Giannis getting the MVP over Harden and further fuel the Harden is unclutch narrative.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm sorry bro but this is not good logic....warriors have just as much of a chance to be hurt as we do in later rounds. Warriors have played Lot of basketball these 4 years. I want them as late as I can get them

dcfma and BasketMAD like this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont think about its about want. its one game. i dont think its about anyone wanting it more than the other, but OKC will be more desperate if they are playing to avoid the warriors in round 1, and we are playing to avoid them in round 2.

i do not see this as a good for the rockets. the two seed doesnt mean anything IMO. denver has locked up the 3 seed at minimum and we do not need homecourt against them. we have much to lose (drop to 4th) and little to gain.

ill just be sick to my stomach if the rockets end up 4th after fighting so hard for so long.

BeBreezy likes this.
  8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Eric Gordon and Rhyno were out that game last year we lost to OKC

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Spurs own the tiebreaker over OKC. As long as they handle their business and win out against Cavs and Mavs in their last two games, I think they’ll most likely get the 7th seed. I doubt OKC wins out, especially considering Rox are fighting for better seeding too. The Bucks game may not even matter.

10. xaos

xaos Member

Denver is such a P team. How is it that the Western Conference has their #2 seed scared to keep their #2 seed?

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're gonna win out....bet the farm on that.

12. jowman

jowman Member

If the clippers lose to the warriors tomorrow the thunder will need to lose 2 more games to end up at number 8.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This stinks to high heaven, but there's nothing we can do about it except to win out.
    That, and tell Denver to go f*** themselves.

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Why? I believe a 3-way tie would make spurs 6th, LAC 7th and OKC 8th. I could be wrong though...

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I changed the word playing to winning.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what happens in a 3 way with clippers, thunder and spurs. does anyone know what the seeding would be?

also I can see Minny can win tomorrow. Minny sometimes have random games where they're actually decent at home

17. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Just win out and we stay ahead of PDX..

hakeem94 and BeBreezy like this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

6. Spurs
    7. Clippers
    8. Thunder

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The jazz are no gimmie and the Nuggets will have to beat them on the road. Good chance Rockets lose to OKC and still secure the #2 seed.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If we lose to OKC we'll most likely be #4 seed. We must win in OKC.

BasketMAD likes this.