1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Denver/Boulder Area] Round 1/Game 1 Watch Party?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooner423, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Anybody in the Denver/Boulder area want to get together to watch the game? I just moved out here recently, so I'll probably be catching it at a bar somewhere. It would be cool to meet up with some local Clutchfans.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

beware, Boulder will be giving priority to NHL playoffs vs NBA. Heck, I've had problems with MLB games getting precedence. You will be able to watch it, but not hear the audio. Denver might have better NBA options.

Call before you pick a place.

3. Sooner423

Hockey? I thought this was America?! Unbelievable.

I'm actually in Longmont, so I'll probably just catch it somewhere local if no one's interested in a meetup.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I would, but I'm leaving for the homeland tomorrow to watch live.

Best bet is to show up an hour early and put in your request for a TV with sound. Eating dinner there gives you precedence to people who don't spend money, too.

5. Sooner423

Man, I'm jealous; wish I could make the pilgrimage.

Yeah, I'll be sure to stake my claim early.

6. Sooner423

Just thought I'd bump this in case anyone missed it yesterday that would be interested.

7. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'm in Arvada. Probably don't wanna go all the way to Boulder since I will certainly have some beers but if you or anyone want to meet up a little closer to that area I'm always eager to meet real live Rocket fans lol.

8. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

I manage a bar/restaurant in the Lakewood/Golden area. Probably can't do anything about audio (unless enough Rockets fans show up & there is demand for it) but the game will be on since I will be working. The place is called Summit House Grill & Tap. Scratch kitchen & a pretty good selection of craft beers on tap. Come in for one of the playoff games with your Rockets gear on & I got your first drink. Ask for James.

9. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Figured I'd bump this just in case. Sick of watching with my roommates in the background making irrelevant comments like "why are those guys wearing headbands but that guy is not?" while taking snap chats of me going berserk watching. Side note how stupid and juvenile is snap chat? You'd think I'm referring to 18 year old dorm roommates but no we are 27. End of old man rant.