1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dentists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hey man, would you mind sending me an e-mail through the board? I went today and the lady was very interested in finding out who recommended me, so I'd like to let her know.

For 13 years away (I've started and graduated college, moved to four different cities, had three relationships of at least 30 months, been married and divorced, and had five new neices and nephews in the meantime), the damage wasn't too bad. I need two crowns, three fillings and a deep cleaning.

Thanks for the recommendation.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Going in for part one of the deep cleaning today. Anyone ever had one? What should I expect?

Signed,

The Wuss.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Years ago, I had not been to the dentist in many years. I had no cavities but I had the onset of gingivitis (or some type of gum disease). They had to do a thorough job of scraping under my gums in addition to the regular cleaning they do. It was not pleasant. If that is the deep cleaning you refer to, then hopefully things have changed for the better in 20+ years.

For example, I recently had a root canal and it was no big deal at all.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect at all. My dad told me it was an interesting feeling, but not all that bad. Of course, he knows what a baby I am and knows I probably would've canceled the appointment if he told me the truth. :D

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't have been bad if you had gone to the dentist I recommended but since you didn't I'm sure it's going to suck... bad. :p

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! :D Well played, sir.

As in:

CARRIE ? :confused:

RM95, I'd eat a bunch of OREOS just before. :D <- Wright's joke.

8. conquistador#11

I was looking for a cheesy, yet uplifting seinfeld reference to boost my morale for the day. =(

9. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Just find a hot dentist you will be happier when she is working on you trust me.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Kramer: You think that dentists are so different from me and you? They came to this country just like everybody else, in search of a dream.
    Jerry: Kramer, he's just a dentist.
    Kramer: Yeah, and you're an anti-dentite.
    Jerry: I am not an anti-dentite!
    Kramer: You're a rabid anti-dentite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs. "Hey, denty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.
    Jerry: They do have their own schools!

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I liked her. An older Asian MILFY looking thang. It wasn't that bad and my mouth feels awesome. Three fillings and two crowns left to go.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I just got back from getting a root canal myself. Right when she started working on me SUNNY99 started playing Rick Roll.

Could it have been any worse?

I had to laugh (they wondered what the hell I was laughing at)

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

How much will your out of pocket expense will be? That place is in my network.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So far it's been $122. I think the crowns will be like $400 a piece though. Yikes.

Dubious,

I decided that I would partake a little this morning to take the edge off...at one point when I swallowed I spit on myself and got the giggles. :D

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That was quite the softball, huh?

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Stop it!!

18. mulletman

mulletman Member

does anyone know approx how much it would cost to get a wisdom tooth surgically extracted? i have one thats growing sideways, and i have to go to an oral surgeon to get that impacted tooth extracted. sounds painful :(