1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dental Office Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rezdawg, Sep 7, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

hire the hottest women to work there, hire busty dental hygenists and give them low-cut scrubs, instruct them to lean hard against the patients head every time they work on teeth.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What?

lmao

The hot women and massage ideas are good. Hell, might as well just turn it into a massage parlor :grin:

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Coffee bar and fridge with drinks is in probably 95% of non-medicaid offices that have been built from scratch within the last two years. It is the norm, not the exception nowadays.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

My dentist visits actually are pleasurable for the first time in my life. Everyone there is very pleasant, they take great care of me, and they have never hurt me. I had a wisdom tooth out, several cavities filled, work done on my gums, and because I let them know I was sensitive to pain they made sure I was never in any. I never have to wait more than a few minutes after my appointment. Everyone in the office is super chill and friendly. They do great work. And their prices are reasonable.

Those are the only things that matter to me.

If I want a back-rub I'm not going to my dentist for it.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

One of the most successful dental offices in the city of Houston...

www.memorialparkdental.com/

They have a full spa menu, ranging from swedish and athletic massages to facials to foot treatments to peppermint reflexology treatment. The interesting part about it is that their prices are not cheap, yet patients have provided the "spa" part of the office with so much business, that they have expanded their spa treatments to the point that it has become very comprehensive.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Nitrous Oxide in the waiting room.

[​IMG]

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

What I want to see are TV's on the ceiling in each exam room.
    I hate it when I go for cleaning and just have to lay there and stare at the ceiling or at the hygienists face. I want to be able to lay there and watch TV.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Question for rezdawg.

I had a temporary crown that just fell off. I already have an appointment for Wednesday to finish my root canal and get the permanent crown put in. Is it rtoo much of a risk if I don't get the temporary one put back on? This is the third time it has fallen off/cracked.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just so happens I am looking for a dentist. My long time dentist has passed away.

PM/Email me your info?

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I too would like your info. This root canal process has been a pain in the ass. It feels everytime I go in it's one extra visit and an extra charge.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Go with a simple row of siphon coffee makers. Elegant, and the best brewed coffee available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I had the same situation occur. My temp fell off and due to work (I moved), I wasn't able to get back to put my permanent on.

Dentist # 1 said he would need to pull the tooth (crown isn't possible anymore).

Dentist # 2 said f it I will put a filling in so it's not jagged. I went with # 2.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Well I just called the dentists office and they said basically because of all the work that's been done on that root canal I should be ok and there is no risk of damaging. I thought I was getting my permanent put in Wednesday but no, they're just finishing the root canal then it will be another 3 weeks before I get my permanent. Is that normal? Why does it take so damn long?

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL @ responses after 2012 for the new office. :grin:
    You were either chewing gum or chewing with too much strength on it. The danger of not putting the temporary one back on is that you will get more bacteria and the cleaning will need to be done again, possibly removing necessary tooth and its decayed part after.

YES, it is a risk to not get the temporary one back on. The permanent one is the one that should cover the broken one forever, but it must be done quickly, before more decay happens or there will be no more grip and you will lose part or the whole tooth. The root canal will kill your tooth and make it brittle and possibly a tooth to lose in the future. Get it done quickly. :eek:

It probably takes that long because there is no space available sooner.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, rezdawg.

I know LOTS of folks that would visit more often if this happens. They will lie about it, but it's true.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

EDIT: Necro bump. Derp derp.

#35 DieHard Rocket, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The biggest perk for me would be punctuality. The less time I spend waiting in the lobby/chair the better.

t*tties in my face are a close second.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The office shutdown guys. It was called the mansion

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

lol whiten their teeth once then offer unlimited coffee and sodas.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To answer your question, the coffee could be used for parents while they are waiting on their children.

20. MystikArkitect

I've designed and built quite a few dental offices in Greater Houston. Had a booth at the Star of the South Conference last year. Sent you a PM.