1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dental Floss, Do You Use It?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockets-#1, Feb 23, 2005.

?

Do you use dental floss?

1. Always - It's a neccessary part of hygiene.

20 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Sometimes - I'll floss once a week or in some regular time frame.

19 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Rarely - Yeah, of course I do...for the first few days or so after I see my dentist.

36 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Never - Dentall floss? What the hell is that

20 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

YOU'RE NOT GIVING AWAY OUR WATER PIK!!

2. drapg

drapg Member

I do for about 2 weeks after a dentist visit.

I still have floss from 1993.

3. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I don't get how these two things can be related. Is it like the food particles get into your gums and then travel down the bloodstream to your heart? That's scary.

But then again, I'll never have to worry about that. I religiously floss every day. In the beginning it seemed like a hassle, but now, it's like if I run out of floss and it's 11:00 at night, I HAVE to drive to safeway to get it.

4. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I used to never floss until 1985 when my dentist scared me. Periodontal disease is linked to heart and cardiovascular problems. If you have plaque in between your teeth - you probably have a higher presence of it in your arteries-i.e. blockage.

I started flossing and it hurt like hell- my gums were not healthy and I have small crumbly teeth - brittle and chalky. I began flossing twice a day after breakfast and before bed. My gums improved, bleeding stopped in 3 to 4 weeks. I have stayed consistent with it and go for a teeth cleaning about every 5 months - $ 60.00 per cleaning is cheap...

My message is one of hope- my gums are very healthy now, I carry floss in my glove box of my truck and floss if I eat out or after brown bagging at work.

You too can get healthy gums - which I think are more important than healthy teeth. You can after all get teeth fixed.

If you do not take care of your gums you go to the periodontist- very expensive and I am one money hungry -cheap basturd....

5. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Welllll, I never planned on actually getting anything out of this thread. I just thought of something random that had probably never been asked on here before. But, I actually learned something, so the BBS is touching lives now everywhere, haha.

If you don't floss and have read some of these posts, you might want to reconsider being lazy about it. I'm gonna try...

6. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

haha, i must say, i did consciousely think of this thread and floss last night. i agree, it is a hassle and i'm really good the few wks after visiting the dentist and then it's usually once every wk. i do carry a little pack in my purse and in my car for those times i'm out and something is stuck btwn my teeth. :)