1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denny's free Grand Slam..anyone going?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JamesC, Feb 3, 2009.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2009/02/02/daily20.html

Denny’s serving free Grand Slams on Feb. 3

Denny’s will give away a free Grand Slam breakfast Tuesday, Feb. 3 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. at all its locations.

The restaurant chain has multiple locations in the Houston area.

The dine-in only breakfast includes two pancakes, two eggs, two links of sausage and two strips of bacon. Denny's sells more than 12.5 million Grand Slams a year.

Customers on Tuesday also will receive a coupon booklet that includes offers for additional free menu items with purchases. Also, Denny's customers can "Slam It Up" by adding any two additional items for 99 cents each.

"The Grand Slam has always been a Denny's favorite," said Nelson Marchioli, Denny's chief executive officer, in a news release. "This free offer is our way of re-acquainting America with Denny's real breakfast and with the Denny's brand. You don't know the real Denny's unless you've been in our restaurants lately, experiencing the quality of our new menu items and our service first-hand."

Spartanburg, S.C.-based Denny’s (NASDAQ: DENN) expects up to 2 million will take advantage of the free Grand Slam offer.

I'm gonna try to get there right at 6...lol.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

And then to the other one in your area at Noon?

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

god i feel bad for those poor denny's waitresses

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Going tmrw!

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

Lol, I seriously gave that some thought. I do feel bad for the waitresses too.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Why feel bad for the waitresses? As long as you still tip them for the amount you would have spent on the meal they should be okay with it.

7. SirCharlesFan

LOL. You really think that a "free meal" promotion is going to bring out the types that tip decently, well, or at all?

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

You are absolutely right :(. I feel bad for the waitresses now

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

true at my job customers who get coupons for free pizzas barely even want to pay the 1.62 delivery charge, which doesn't even go to the driver directly. (dont ask me where it goes our drivers only get 90 cents per delivery)

10. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Jeez Denny's is packed on a normal day...I can't even fathom.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Stealer fans will show up...

[​IMG]

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

You just don't like it because Kurt Warner was forced to point at the ground and blame Satan after that interception at the end of the first half. ;)

Actually I don't love the Steelers either...like you I wait for the Texans to finally reach the promised land.

And seriously..its cool that my girlfriend is famous now. Do we get a royalty check or something.

#12 Major Malcontent, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  13. Asian Sensation

Grand Slam meaning your gonna score 4 "runs" at once.

Side note: Hakeem Olajown faints (heard he's frugal)

14. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

imma be there.
    i wanna get there early but my friends have 8oclock classes :mad:
    so bout time we get there its gonna be packed :mad:
    i feel bad for the waitresses as well. especially because its gonna be packed with alot of rude college kids.
    i cant wait :D

15. SirCharlesFan

Delivery fees are the biggest pile of horse**** known to man. Just add in the f'n fee to your normal prices. I hate it when a pizza place advertises a great price then adds on $3-4 (not even figuring in tip) for the delivery.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What's the catch?

17. SirCharlesFan

you have to go into a packed restaurant and eat amongst type of morons who go nuts for anything free in order to get something that normally costs $4-6 bucks and you could cook at the house for about $2.

If you could catch some random Denny's that's not packed when you go in, it's not a bad deal.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'm going to go and obviously order a drink. The drink costs about $2 I believe so would $3 be a good tip for everything?

Also, would it be too much to ask them to not give me any sausage or bacon and just give me one extra egg instead as a substitute? The stuff is already free so I don't want to inconvenience them too much. I haven't been to Denny's in forever.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Was on the I-10 feeder just now and took a look over at Denny's near Kirkwood. Didn't look packed at all. Hell IHOP had more people. I bet college towns have lines out the ass though.

20. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I would hope it's not too packed right now since the deal doesn't start for another 3 hours ;)

I thought about going, but I just think it will be too packed in order to save 4-5 dollars. I think I'll just have some Cheerios.

Pugs