1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would anyone miss this joker if he resigned?

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

More than I would miss Trump.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Maybe his iPhone doesn't have autocorrect o_O

justtxyank likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I support the move to ban Al Franken from the Mall of America.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fake, please, this is fake?

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

I actually did have that happen to me- several times. To the point that he barged into me showering and when I did beat his ass I was told (and still am told) I was a bigot because I called him a mfing f***** while I did so.

I'm not surprised with Al Franken or any male with power at this point. What's interesting to watch is how the populace reacts; my friends on the left are condemning everyone left and right. My friends on the right are excusing everything. I guess sexual assault is going to be partisan and therefore binary now. Which, in my mind, is bullshit. Groping someone - while wrong - is not nearly as bad as having sex with a 14 year old. But according to both sides it seems both of those exist

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Senator Franken should resign.

That said, if Trump thinks that Franken's actions before becoming a Senator should be held against him, then Trump's actions before becoming a Presidential candidate should also be fair game. ALL of them.

#170 dharocks, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this whole thing is tiresome

voting for a bad person in pursuit of what one believes are more moral policy outcomes is a legitimate ethical dilemma; potential Moore voters making the same calculus

I never vote for "person of highest character", righteous people sometimes do the most harm

I vote to affect policy outcomes

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

good lord. you are such a hypocrite. you are one of the most bias, partisan posters on this entire board...possibly the most.

like i said, people like you and the other party-line republicans, trump supporters, moore defenders and evangelicals have absolutely no standing on this franken issue.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yeah, i noticed that after my post. i only skimmed the article and then saw the picture with her in a flak jacket and helmet. i thought she might have been military press or some kind of manager for the USO tours.

very disappointed that franken did this because i do like him, but in the interest of not being a hypocrite i think he should go. drain the swamp!

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all they have. Moore/Trump supporters didn't like being called out for defending those guys. So when anyone who leans left is accused, they expected everyone from the left and Democrats would try and defend it. That would enable them to stick their tongues out and say, "look at you... nanny... nanny... boo...boo"

Unfortunately for them, Franken apologized welcomed and encouraged an ethics investigation, and folks on the left condemned his actions. They have no way left to try and use this issue against the left.

Also unfortunately for them, Biden never did anything wrong. So what happened is that their position of party over morals was left exposed.

pirc1 likes this.
  17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I have said time and again most conservatives are much more hypocritical than the liberals.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think what he did is silly, but people need to chillax.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The picture was a dumb stunt, but if he truly tried to kiss the woman against her will, that's pretty bad.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

By my understanding, he persisted in an annoying way and she eventually said "Fine!" and endured it. Do I have that right?

Can we distinguish that douchey behavior from forcing yourself on someone against their will which is a sexual assault?