1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, even if it was something that he wrote into a skit with the two of them and he went overboard during the skit, that isn't good. It's reprehensible, and unfair to the woman. Because of the difference in their position that would have been an abuse.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You support the party of Anthony Wiener, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Clinton, and Al Franken. Let that sink in.

I didn't vote for Trump, have never supported Moore, and am not a party-line republican at all. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You support Trump's interpretation of the vagina monologues as "locker room talk," so, umm, yeah, you do accept his behavior and support the party of Trump, Moore, HW Bush, Dennis Hastert, Herman Cain, and Larry Craig among others.

Nice try at deflection, though.

jo mama likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

This response is just sad, as it provides a window into your inability to provide a relevant, logical response. It's like you tried, but don't realize that you're wrong. There's an old saying, "it's better to be thought a fool, instead of opening your mouth to remove all doubt".

Astrodome likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You support the party and beliefs of Trump, Moore, O'Reilly, Ailes (since you deemed Weinstein fair game). Worst, you can't even be honest about voting for Trump. Let THAT sink in.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Al should have told her I deserve a kiss because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'm gonna guess that bigtexx is using this to extrapolate that "libtards" suck or something.

9. dandorotik

Actually, to bring you back in the world of reality... no, it's not sad. It's based on years and years of your actual comments. It is perfectly logical to characterize you as a conservative Republican. The fact that you are somehow trying to deflect from that is what is truly sad.

Seriously- think about that, junior. You're denigrating someone for supporting the Democratic party b/c they have a handful of sexual assaulters (not to mention you are assuming they accept the behavior of those 4 you mentioned, which most of us clearly do not- so ya failed there too, Big Papi) while you CLEARLY support the Republican party who also have a handful of sexual assaulters.

What is truly sad is that you are a habitual hypocrite. Habitual with a capital H. That's why very few take you seriously. This is what happens when you spend years and years being a hypocritical ass- it comes around to bite you in that region.

When you're ready to admit you're wrong, you can restore your credibility in this thread. Until then, you have zero, BiTe.

10. dandorotik

Standard playbook for him. Who takes that guy seriously anymore, anyway? Some posters become caricatures due to years and years of failure, and that's where he currently is. Can't have a meaningful discussion with a caricature.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You know, we all are just anonymous people posting thoughts about politics on a basketball discussion board. Yet even acknowledging that, it sure seems odd that people would prefer to assume the role of a "troll", caricature, or cartoon, even when posting behind a anonymous poster name.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one should resign without an investigation.

Please stop writing that dumb un American ****

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bu but but ... what about ...Hilary's emails .. word on the street is those emails are in the wild ... gratuitously groping women ... night and day ... without consequence.

14. dandorotik

Newsflash: people can resign anytime they want, whether they are being investigated or not. I don't think you're understanding that process.

We're not advocating a prosecutorial response- we are saying that, based on an actual picture that demonstrates poor judgment, perhaps Mr. Franken is not the best person to represent his constituents' best interest. If he loses their confidence and support, he should resign.

But, of course... and no offense, but you continually make excuses for Trump regarding his abhorrent behavior and speech, so this would fall right in line with your thinking. Yes, he has not been found guilty of sexual harassment in a court of law, but he has stated on record that he has sexually harassed women.

And it's not the p***y-grabbing part. It's this, "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

Now, those are Donald Trump's actual words, verbatim. And I know you'll try to dance around that, but it just shows that you're trying to make excuses for him as you've done numerous times in the past b/c, I don't know, you have some sort of bizarre admiration for him.

justtxyank and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Al Franken isn't a Senator in that picture. He is a comedian doing a show with a woman who used to get naked for dollars

Edit: that doesn't excuse harassment but Jesus the outrage is overly dramatic

#195 pgabriel, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not relevant. At all.

17. bigtexxx

Was just reading some of Franken's denunciations of Weinstein. What a hypocrite.

18. dandorotik

Yes, you are correct on that. But you refuse to acknowledge your own hypocrisy, so... zero credibility on the subject.

19. dandorotik

First, none of us here are outraged. Second, his past actions absolutely do have a bearing on this. Third, look up victim-shaming.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you understand the atmosphere of those shows.

I'm sure you've seen Apocalypse Now.