1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Leaders don’t Care About Illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Trump was trying to help mid terms by being tough on immigration. Democrats countered with the children separation stuff.. and of course some of it turns out to be fake.

It's called election season. I'm surprised everyone falls for this garbage every 2 years.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Open borders are a Koch brother fantasy turning into a possible dream come true with the lack of compromise in DC.

4. TheresTheDagger

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, there are a few on the fringes that already admit to their open borders advocacy, as the left moves further and further to the left eventually more and more will admit to that being their goal. We're already at a point where the mainstream left is currently where the fringe left was about 10 years ago.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]
    Iowian representative retweets actual Neo-Nazi.

GOP silent as the right moves further and further to the right. Eventually more and more will admit that their immigration policy is one of racism and a fear of brown people.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with this is that you are suggesting that it is wrong based entirely upon the person who said it.

"Water is wet' -Hitler

That's just not how that works, if you have a problem with what was said, point out your problem with what was said. Talking about WHO said something doesn't debunk WHAT was said.

Mass illegal immigration is bad for ANY country and it's true no matter who says it.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The Democrat party has been taken over by the extream left. Can't say I'm surprised. It was only a matter of time.

crash5179 likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Once again, the right comes to the defense of a radical far right politician and the slide of the right to the extreme continues.

More Steve King

Another King gem...
    "I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out where these contributions that have been made by these categories of people that you're talking about—where did any other sub-group of people contribute more to civilization?"

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have no clue who Steve King or Mark Collett are, and honestly I don't care who they are. They may very well be awful people, my point was that you aren't making a valid refutation of a statement by merely talking about who said something. If you want to attack a statement, attack the statement.

Astrodome likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Steve King is an Iowian congressman (R) who likes to tweet far right identitarians like Mike Collet and Voice of Europe and gets off on super loud dog whistles such as those gems from above and "We can't replace our babies with other's" which gets the usual suspects all excited.

If you want me to attack his statement we must understand what the statement is. It isn't. "Mass immigration can hurt a country" if only it were so innocent. Seeing as King follows a guy like Mark Collet who admires Hitler one has to wonder what is the motivation behind many of his statements and ultimately the motivation behind his immigration stance.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you know how I feel about identitarians.....

I also get that you are looking for dog whistles, and you might be right...hell if they are identitarians you are more than likely right, but you just have to ignore them and hammer their actual message when they say something that can be argued against. "Dog whistles" are a trap to get you to overreact and make yourself look like the fool, don't fall for it because you are merely creating propaganda for them.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Once you go open borders, you can't go back. Regardless of your stance.

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He will also block people when he gets badly exposed by his lack knowledge and his intellectual dishonesty. He is troll of the first order.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When the truth disagrees with your beliefs, you suppress the truth...

Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/refugees-revenue-cost-report-trump.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So in your fake take on this.. the Democrats made up child separation, it didn't actually exist? Poor Trump is the innocent victim in this, lol. It never gets old, how you guys tell on yourselves. Some of you are just bad people or just willing to be a bad person in order to support a bad person because he's a republican. But how much is too much? Could Trump really shoot someone and you'd blame the media or democrats for it?

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What's incredibly sad about it is I remember saying the same exact thing about him years ago. I also was astounded by the sheer number of posts he had. He's now at 45,000 posts in 5 years, he spends most of his life posting proven lies on clutchfans its kinda sad.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, once you go open borders, things will get so bad so quickly that you will cause the pendulum to swing violently in the other direction. Go open borders for a while and you are likely to get completely closed borders very quickly. Neither extreme is a good thing, so I'd prefer we just avoid that nonsense by having a responsible policy in place preventing illegal immigration while allowing legal immigration.

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You do realize that Venezuela has the biggest known oil reserves in the world, right?

Right and lately we have just been starting wars and dropping bombs on people, not the best example for the rest of the world.

Except that Americans are the "methheads" and it is the kids living here already who are vandalizing our place, to continue your analogy. We should get our **** together here before we start telling the rest of the world what to do.

The biggest source of "chaos" at the moment is the Trump administration and the way it lurches from manufactured crisis to manufactured crisis, unable to provide the stability that the business community needs to give us a strong economy.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You do realize that your graphic clearly proves that what I've been saying is absolutely accurate, right? "Removals" under Obama were higher than at any other time in history.

Try again, rookie.

#120 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018