1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shaud, Jan 29, 2011.

1. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

The only thing stopping him is mental maturity. He's only 21 yrs old so that's somewhat understandable .

He has great talent and touch for a big man.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IIRC, Morey wanted to trade up for this guy.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

At this rate his bottom is Rasheed Wallace, a big man who never truly excelled stats wise due to his attitude. His ceiling in the other hand is super star.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wtf is with the haters?? Cousins is a legit talent, no doubt. It's like those people who doubt Kevin Love. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Cousins is already producing, stats-wise. 18 and 11 not good enough for you?

The question is whether he will ever exhibit the defensive effort and fundamentals to do the little things on offense (picks, etc) and dominate the paint the way a guy with his tools should.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok let's put things in perspective, Cousins will NEVER be better than Shaq. I mean, he'll never reach DH's level, and DH is basically Shaq 0.5.

With that said, there's a lot of potential in him, namely because he has a really high BBall IQ (almost Bogut level IMHO), and he has Melo's body structure, extremely well coordinated, flexible and healthy.

Like what others said though, the one thing holding him back is his mental maturity and laziness. I dunno if he'll continue to keep the weight off, we'll have to see once he suffers his first major injury and has to sit on his ass for a couple of weeks.

7. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

TOO IMMATURE

I WOULDNT WANT HIM ON THE ROCKETS

I FORSEE A RON ARTEST 2005 LIKE BRAWL INSTANCE WITH THIS KID ONE DAY ON THE COURT

HE JUST SEEMS UNSTABLE

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I agree on Shaq, disagree on Cousins NEVER reaching Howard. Who hadn't it been for the generation of center's he (Howard) went up against, he wouldn't be considered any where near as good. But that's besides the point.

Maybe Cousins will reach or even surpass Howard, maybe he wont. But to say he will NEVER reach Howard, like you can predict the future, is plain asinine. Specially if you consider that Cousins is already putting up similar to better numbers than Howard did in his second year, while playing less minutes!

Howard: (2nd year)
    36.9 mpg | 15.8 ppg | 12.3 reb | 1.9 blk
    Cousins:
    30.3 mpg | 17.7 ppg | 11.1 reb | 1.3 blk

But then again, haters are gonna hate.... :p

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Him being unstable or a troublemaker is one of the most overblown things.

Name one thing he has done that would make anyone think he would create an incident like Artest did in Detroit that night.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The problem is that at least for now, he's not a 2-way player. Every great center in the history of the NBA had been an incredible defensive player. This includes even the "soft" centers fans here like to harp on like Ewing, DRob, and Yao. They all had incredible presence in the paint defensively.

I don't see that with Cousins right now, which is one of the reasons why the Kings are still crap despite some nice stats. And I'm not sure he can develop into that player. He seems more like a rich-man's Brook Lopez.

11. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I would like to know where this stigma about him being lazy came about. He was and still is labeled as immature, yes. He's still fairly young and has a lot of growing up to do. Lazy is one thing he's not. He takes questionable shots, makes dumbass fouls, whines, and is still working on defense but he gives 100% every game.

1 person likes this.
  12. what

what Member

He's already better than Kevin Love.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

what???? :confused::rolleyes:

14. what

what Member

sarcasm. people will be saying this soon enough.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

... Cannot compare
    Love is a SF in a PF body.

16. what

what Member

right on

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

DeMarcus Cousins could be a rarity in this league, if he keeps his head on straight. Though, he's more suited for power forward and playing next to a really good defensive center/stopper.

Will he be on the level of Dwight Howard, hmmm hard to say? Defensively, no way, though offensively he's already 1,000 leagues better than Howard in year four. Complete package, it depends on how he reaches his ceiling and his ability to elevate the level of a team's overall player. Cousins's offensive game has to the potential to be on par with some really great power forwards in histoyr.

Don't get me wrong, Dwight Howard is an excellent center, but he is what I would call a near perfect player.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

i'm looking for demarcus cousins funny gifs? can someone find them for me?

and demarcus cousins or anthony davis?

19. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

jeezus, the resurrection on this thread is all-time level.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Grabbed Cousins in fantasy bball last year in round 4 or 5 (can't remember which). Such a beast. Helped me go 17-1 and win it all.. man I had a legendary team