1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins wants a max contract or will demand a trade from the Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's Finest, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Major

Major Member

Please explain how demanding something is entering into an agreement? And how said "agreement" is designed to circumvent the terms of the CBA?

Please explain how making a demand that you're reading about on an online forum that the team has not secretly agreed to is an undisclosed understanding between player and team?

It is not circumvention.

No, the more you speak, the more you clearly demonstrate that you don't have ANY understanding at all.

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Major, it's best to not feed the trolls, then they only want more. They're like puppies, have to ignore them at some point. But your logic is phenomenal and conclusive.

3. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Agree completely. Sacramento has been a disaster and a terrible place for young stars to develop. Someone will happily give him a max deal. If he ends up with a good organization - HOU, DEN, SAS, IND, etc. he will absolutely live up to his potential.

Also, remember this max contract is an RFA max - not the monster max deal that Dwight and CP3 are getting.

4. basketballholic

Put the whole bolded text together, Major. Don't just skip over the other parts I bolded.

The key word is 'circumstantial'.

If they actually demand a trade or an extension they are attempting to circumvent going through restricted free agency. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Remember, you and I have been down this road before, with you making comments about how stubborn and ignorant I am. I'll admit I'm stubborn. But I'm not ignorant. If Cousins and Fegan actually go through with their attempt to negotiate an extension or demand a trade because they see that the Kings are just going to let him go to restricted free agency and see if he actually gets a 4-year contract with the smaller raises then the circumstantial evidence is that Fegan knows that some other team will give DeMarcus that max 5-yr extension and he knows Sacramento is NOT going to give Demarcus that max 5-yr extension. While else would an agent demand a trade if their request for a max extension is denied?

It's circumvention, Major, if it happens.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

This was on his instagram. THE WORLD IS AGAINST YOU BOOGIE!!!!!

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Derrick Coleman part 2

7. jocar

jocar Member

I'd rather keep Asik and nab a PF.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Roy Tarpley.
    Bison Dele.
    Vin Baker.
    Derrick Coleman.

9. what

what Member

the only guy on that list like Cousins is DC and DC was a GREAT PLAYER. You obviously don't realize that when people talk about Coleman not realizing his talent, they are actually saying that he could have become the greatest pf to ever play the game.

as it stands, coleman was still a GREAT pf.

10. pacertom

pacertom Member

yeah, and I want BJs from Kate Upton too. A'int happenin'

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Would rather have josh smith blocking shots and playing d, but cousins and asik would eat up every rebound.

I dont think morey should send him an ipad. He is worth a windows 7 tablet at best.

12. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

You nay-sayers must be kidding me. This is a 22-year-old big man with 18p/10r a game we are talking about. There is no doubt more than a few GMs will be willing to pay him the max, which is only like $15M/year on average for 4-5 years by the way. At the very least you get a 18p/10r immature headcase big man who never improves, on the upside he may grow into a superstar.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaveInTheCave

DaveInTheCave Member

I'd rather have Cousins than Dwight for sure. A bad attitude is easier to fix than a busted down back. Cousins is younger, cheaper, and healthier than Dwight. He's a guy who could be the second-best player on a championship team, IMO.

The question is what the Kings would want. I'm thinking whoever gets Cousins is gonna have to eat that Salmons contract. Maybe something like Asik, Motiejunas and whatever future picks we can scrape together for Cousins and Salmons?

Cousins/Smith
    FA/TJones
    Parsons/Salmons
    Harden/Andersen
    Lin/Beverley

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Cousins won't grow into anything other than being more entitled and rotten once he's guaranteed $80 million. There will no longer be any consequences for acting up. IMO, his production could go down instead of up.

Question for you and others that think the Rockets should trade for this guy and lock him up with a max contract: What package should the Rockets offer the Kings?

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

For cousins? Anything but harden and yeah I think that means parsons too.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You would give up Parsons and sign Cousins to a max contract? I think that would be a catastrophe for the Rockets.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nah, breh. Mauri knows to stay away from his cousins.

However the Kings should let him walk.

18. coffeelover665

maybe this is freigan working for us. Making Cousin demand a max extension, nice guy morey offer a helping hand with a trade, cousin then withdraw his demands after being traded.

Seems like Freigan will have a lot of stars on the Rocket in 13-14 and maybe a ring too.

A game of thrones

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If we don't get Howard ... Cousins would be the perfect plan B.

Cousins and Asik would make for one amazing front line.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha