1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins getting it?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This.

DeMarcus is getting HIS, not IT.
    He's still very immature, tho admittedly very talented.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Demarcus Cousins is usually whining/crying when he doesn't get a call.

Like damn near every player in the NBA including the Great Tim Duncan.

3. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

His immaturity has nothing to do with not getting calls.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qFgJ_0eB6yU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah and you just made the biggest mistake of your life lol. D-Mo is gonna tear up the league next year...if he arrives.

Anyway, IMHO to be a successful big man in the league you gotta have the following:

1. Solid frame
    2. Athleticism
    3. Good work ethic
    4. BBall IQ
    5. Passion/Interest in BBall

Cousins is off the charts in 3 of those but to me he lacks work ethic: dude is just plain lazy. The immaturity part will fade in time, I mean he hasn't really done anything thuggish like appear in don't snitch videos or sucker punch guys and run away. But his lack of work ethic will catch up to him and either give him injury or limit his potential (see: Emeka Okafor). The only dude I know who was lazy and became dominant was Shaq, Cousins has some Shaq-like qualities but he's nowhere near that athletic/gifted.

Also, his tendency to shy away from contact is a big problem. With his high understanding of the game he should have been getting more rebs per game.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Last I checked the quote u responded to said nothing about his maturity

7. what

what Member

A better question: is Cousins this generation's Derrick Coleman? I'm not sure if Cousins has DC's level of talent. Coleman was one of the greatest pf's even with his laziness. But I do see similarities in the two.

8. what

what Member

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

You're stance is that Cousins' reputation was caused by misunderstanding.
    You inferred that his b****ing and pouting is what any player respectable player in the NBA, e.g. Tim Duncan, do on a daily basis.

I'm inferring that his on court demeanor and behavior is due to his hubris,
    which to me, is his immaturity;
    ie that he hasn't gotten "it", yet.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm clearly talking him pouting and crying when he doesn't get a call and you post a video that has nothing to do with that. You also posted a video from last year when we are clearly talking about the steps he has taken this year.

And also for the people who question his work ethic when has there been an article that said he has poor work ethic? He actually slimmed down this past off-season.

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Sorry bro, but when I went to see Chuck Hayes, who unfortunately was injured, at the ACC, Cousins did nothing to dispel my opinion of him being one of the worst cry babies and pout. His demeanor really sucks. To top it off, he picked up a tech taunting our player in front our section. In a recent game against the Knicks, his display of b****dome was in top form. The constant crying and F-bombing nearly every damn play. To his credit tho, with Keith Smart kissing his ass since Westfail got fired, Cousins hasn't gotten into an altercation with his teammate nor get kicked off team.

And I agree that him being lazy is really unwarranted. Even as early as the draft combines, he showed up in much better shape than he was @ UK.

However, here's a caption "contest" that ran this season by a Portland website. I think the artist captured the essense of what I've seen thus far, this season.
    [​IMG]