1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins: Get 'er done Morey!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Jan 1, 2012.

?

Should the Rockets pursue DeMarcus Cousins?

1. Yes

538 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No

237 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I'd prefer to see Cousins end up with a strong, veteran team. Like the Pacers. But I'm a Pacers fan, so take it for what it's worth.

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Ah, it all makes sense now. All of those tireless bumps of the Pau Gasol thread, and mysterious, unsupported praise for an aging talent a trade for which would easily destroy the Rockets' off-season and condemn them to mediocrity...it's all coming into focus now.

Off to make my "Should the Rockets trade Scott Machado for Paul George?" thread now.

P.S. Roy Hibbert's max contract play has been so poor this season that it actually insults the legacies of other Georgetown centers like Ewing, Mourning, and Deke. Pacers fans might want to come to grips with THAT and get their own house in order before suggesting James Harden for George Hill trades on ClutchFans, no? :cool:

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If we can get Cousins...of course, are you kiddin me, he's so intimidated inside and so talented that playing with the right team can elevate him to another level. The Kings are a losing team ...so that's what they do to you...making you angry.

4. thekad

thekad Member

That would explain his laughable shooting percentage at the rim.

5. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

No Thanks Jeff.

Cousins is the cancer for the Kings. They will look much better when he is gone. Although, everybody on the Kings is a chucker, Brooks, Thornton, etc.

Cousins is soft, a cancer, plays no defense, a headcase, etc.

Why would anyone want him other than his "talent"?

6. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I wonder if you have ever actually watched Demarcus Cousins play.

Demarcus Cousins is talented like JaMarcus Russell is talented. All tools, conjecture, and mental issues.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

8. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The Kings will not let go of their franchise player for T-Jones and some terrible draft picks.

Though a three-team trade where we end up with someone other than DMC sounds good. I would be happy if we got Ryan Anderson and only had to let go of a pick and some of our young PFs.

9. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

A top-8 protected first round pick from the Hornets is great for Cousins and Evans since they're clearly trying to get rid of them. It's an addition by subtraction move that sets them up better for the future.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

If he can shoot 3's and play power forward, then yes i'll trade for him.
    Cousins and Asik would make a strong front court. And if it doesn't work out with him, then it will be a lot more easier for us to trade for Kevin Love.