1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins: Get 'er done Morey!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Jan 1, 2012.

?

Should the Rockets pursue DeMarcus Cousins?

1. Yes

538 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No

237 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. HorneR

HorneR Member

Christ everyone uses this...

You know who else had a high ceiling?

Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Larry Bird.

We need to take a shot somewhere, on somebody. Why not Cousins? Not only that, but a trade like this would give us direction. But you'd rather continue riding the mediocrity train...?

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol. We are building a basketball team here, not a dating service. Yes, he's a headache. Shane Battier is not his idol. But in the NBA it takes mean guys to win. Remember when we were a playoff team? Yeah, Ron Artest one of the biggest ''headaches'' was leading us.

3. il italiano

il italiano Member

Cousins has one the worst attitudes i have ever seen in a basketball player. i wouldnt trade any of our core starters for cousins. just not worth it.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think thats more of the kings fault then his, he was a rookie and the kings made him a main scoring options, you don't give a rookie the ball over and over and tell him to score and expect good FG%

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No, he really didn't.

6. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

This is the kid that Morey wanted badly 2 years ago, trying to move up in the draft o get him.

Zach Randolph took 4 teams to find his groove, and now he's one of the top bigs in the NBA.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Muaz

Muaz Member

hmmm some risk involved, but high reward

we'll probably need a third team to get it done

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No I hate our direction now, but blindly trading for a player that I don't believe will ever amount to anything is stupid.

If he can be had for a reasonable price I'm all for it. I just wouldn't give up a lot for him.

No doubt he has potential, but I've never seen a guy with a poor attitude truly turn it around.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Wow SMFH, Dude the skill level isn't comparable! two completely different players.

Cousins is averaging 13ppg and 11reb on raw talent alone!! imagine him with a big man coach like Kevin McHale to better develop and hone his skills.... and unlike Hill, Thabeet and even Swift, the kid already has immense low post skills and tools to work with, he just needs to learn how to use them.

McHale on Cousins

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ncxfsNHXSZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Three team deal between us, Clippers and Kings. Kings get Eric Bledsoe from Clippers, Clippers get Jason Thompson from Sac and we send out Scola, Hill, Williams and we get back Cousins, Whiteside, and Garcia.

Rockets linup
    Lowry/Dragic/Flynn
    Martin/Lee/Garcia
    Budinger/Morris/Parsons
    Cousins/Patterson/Adrien
    Dalembert/Thabeet/Whitside

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

No, he shot 43% because he took too many long jumpers because the Kings stupidly didn't utilize him as a featured low post option (and he still got to the FT line at a respectable clip). That's why he wants out in the first place. No way McHale uses him as a jump shooter.

And to answer your question, Zach Randolph has a year in which he shot 43%. Rasheed Wallace had years in which he shot 43%. Jermaine O'Neal had years in which he shot 43%. Cousins was a 20 year old rookie last year. Another year of experience and more time playing in the post will boost his shooting percentage.

13. Mr. Space City

so many homers on this board. i'd welcome cousins on this team.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He did not drop dat ass like Mchale would want him too ;) but just saying.
    He is a good prospect but not a once in a decade prospect many think
    he is. Blake was taken before and Drummond is coming up.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yeah, he is a headcase. The sad thing for us is something has to be wrong for a stud for us to trade for one. I'm sure lot's of other teams could beat out offers though so I won't even get my hopes up. The Kings are idiots if they pick a newbie coach over their franchise player.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones
    I'm told Cousins did not demand a trade....more to come later

Cousins found out today he wasn't playing but he's not "suspended."

Westphal says Cousins has asked to be traded twice, hasn't decided if he will go on road with team this week.

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I'm told Cousins did not demand a trade....more to come later

Cousins found out today he wasn't playing but he's not "suspended."

Westphal says Cousins has asked to be traded twice, hasn't decided if he will go on road with team this week.

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Weren't the Kings interested in Scola for Martin but we instead gave up Landry?

19. anchel

anchel Member

[​IMG]

20. Houston_Rockets

Some of y´all would get raped in trades. I would give everyone except player X????
    Some would get denied before speaking when offering Hill Thabeet and 2 2nd round picks.

I like Cousins as a player, and I think his "problems" would be non issues with unselfish players like Lowry and Martin, and coach McHale would be all over him developing this young kid.

The package will be based on Scola (if anything happens).....

Cousins
    PP
    ......... (no true great SF in our roster, IMO)
    Martin
    Lowry

Call me crazy but I love that team for today and going forward.