1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins: Do Not Want

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J-Tang, Jan 6, 2011.

1. rjr

rjr Member

He is on a young team without a very good coaching staff, or front office.I pesonally hope he stuggles with their franchise,and acts out more in hpes he becomes available.

2. Francis 4 ever

dont forget t-will and j-hill

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I'm always amazed at people with negative attitudes in the workplace. I'm not the most upbeat guy, but being a little whiny punk does nothing good for you. It seems really simple. Why can someone so talented not see that adopting a professional attitude will make him tens of millions of dollars? Also, you're probably going to be happier in your personal life when you adopt a positive outlook and strong work ethic.

4. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

This is what i believeve as well ^

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

U R probably freakin kiddin me!

cousins last five games:

21.8 points + 9 rebounds + 2.8 assists + 1.4 steals and Kings won 3 of them

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

C-Webb should take him under his wing....He aint doin nothin else right now....I like his game but that whining has to stop...Lebron whines...Rasheed used to whine....Kobe still whines as we speak now...But they all are well accomplished individuals...

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

There is a difference between being a thug and being a baby. From what I saw last night the guy is a baby. Even Chris Webber was pointing it out. He was complaining about a traveling call, where he clearly traveled, instead of getting back on defense. He was whining like crazy and getting himself out of the game.

You guys want to talk about Rodman and Wallace. This is exactly the kind of guy they would feast on. They would get in his head and the guy is not mentally tough enough to handle it and they would end up eating his lunch. The guys career arc will be less like Shaq and more like Derrick Coleman.

8. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He is immature for sure, he is non adequate right now but he is a freaking talent and incredibly strong (stronger than Dwight was at the age of 20). Only just his mental aspects can keep him out of dominance and all-star level.

But you can't predict when all this crap will end. Maybe he needs just a couple of month' and maybe 10 years, like Zach Randolph. You never know

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Paul Westphal and Geoff Petrie are not young.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUHDq4MgXww?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUHDq4MgXww?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DO WANT!!!

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's got the talent, for sure but his attitude is the only thing that's going to hold him back. He reminds me of Derrick Coleman.

It is still early and, obviously, not a lost cause, but he has a long way to go.

12. SkillzThatKillz

13. jogo

jogo Member

I'd take good stats plus attitude-needs-work over mediocre stats and good attitude.

That's why Cousins>Hill. Doesn't matter, Sac won't trade him (and they shouldn't).

Plus, these "attitude issues" of Cousins are overblown anyway.

14. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

LOL @ "every team needs a thug." I love it.

15. mrjuandiego1988

He is 19? Give him a break

16. Sanity2disChaos

he does whine alot like a lil girl with all those ugly faces he makes after a call he doeant like......but the guy is money in the paint!!!

17. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The guy is gigantic, young, nimble, has every offensive skill you want in a big man, with soft hands and touch out to 15. I'd take a chance on that, even if he's a bit loony.

18. Rockets_4_life

He did improve towards the end of the game, when they called traveling he would run toward the other side of the court to get ready to defend, instead of complaining to the officials...

19. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I agree with the op. Would getting Cousins get us a championship ring? Hell no. I do not want to root for an immature prick. He was b**** in college and he's a b**** as a pro. My guess is, he's just a pain in the ass b****. Would I put up with him as a die-hard Rockets? Of course. But do I WANT to put up with him. Hell no.

20. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

Yeah there's a difference between LeBron James and Kobe Bryant whiny and just pouting the whole game. The guy is definitely talented but he seems like the kind of player that would let his poor attitude actually keep him from working hard enough to capitalize on his talent--something the Wades, Bryants, and James of the world never have a problem with.