1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins contract vs. James Harden contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Clutch, Dec 9, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

There are 2 sides off the ball. You can't be a complete no show on one side not even giving effort

2. tdo

tdo Member

Yea their overall play definitely isn't comparable (because of the D), but I was just speaking as to offensive production/efficiency. His true shooting % was also shockingly low. Just odd for an MVP candidate. He also had a streak of 13 games from late Feb. to late April where he failed to crack 50% from the field while also committing 4+ TOs each game. Yikes.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

you should be trying to pair Boogie with Harden, not shipping for one another.

What was the name of that dude on the yacht last year Burt something, who said this type of scenario would happen? Lol.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't wait for the first "I have grown to HATE DeFraudus Cousins" thread

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Still want to do this trade?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good shooting night for Harden, but 7 turnovers and horrible defense again.

We barely squeeze by a terrible Wizards team.

Cousins had 23,12 and 6 and destroyed Favors yesterday. He actually played defense!

I'm actually not 100% sure I want to do this thread. But we should do our due diligence as Morey always does.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

He doesn't trade players like Harden in his prime. This is a terrible thread.

8. a711

a711 Member

This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen in a while. Mr. Clutch is the prototype of the type of poster that gives this website a bad name

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well I hate him already

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Trading for Cousins would be a lateral move.

Both have proven to be offensive juggernauts when on, but such a hole when off b/c they don't contribute much defensively or team chemisry.

These guys were like a peak Melo. All you can do is try to put players that will mask their weaknesses and hope for the best.

That's Morey's job. Keep Harden (b/c you're not going to get the players who are better than him unless something crazy happens) and put smart players around him, and try to develop an accountable culture

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Cousins is always sitting on the sidelines for a reason. He's too lazy to do off season work to help sustain his play. I don't like Cousins. I'd rather have Trail Blazers Rasheed Wallace..

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't trade Harden, just get a better coach. We've seen what he can do last season, the players voted him MVP for god's sake.

If you trade him, who knows when you'll get another player of his caliber. Could be 10+ years of suckage.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All that needs to be said.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Harden and Cousins would be an incredible and dynamic duo, because Cousins (unlike Dwight) can actually shoot and make jumpers. Cousins is an actual superstar (also unlike Dwight).

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Disagree. Cousins would be Harden's first actual superstar teammate he'll have since joining the Rockets. There's actual synergy between the 2 that would blow up the team's offensive efficiency. Cousins playing for a winning team should keep him engaged.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

another prime example of throwing this superstar tag like its nothing around here. Cousins a superstar now lol. Far from it.

17. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I would give Cousins and Harden one month before Cousins tries to choke the ish out of him on the court for his aloofness or dribbling the ball for 22 seconds and passing to Cousins to bail him out.

Both have their problems but their on totally opposite sides of giving a damn, where Cousins cares too much and can't control it, and you can't get Harden to care enough.

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

Trade James Harden for DeMarcus Cousins?

Even if that was a possibility (it's not), would anyone actually do that?

I know James Harden can be super frustrating at times. DeMarcus would be just about an equal amount of frustrating. James Harden's high points so far in their careers have been much higher than DeMarcus Cousins' high points. James Harden has had more individual as well as more team success than DeMarcus Cousins.

Not only that, if we traded Harden for Cousins we would then have Cousins and Dwight. Maybe in this dream scenario it could work if you then traded Dwight for...umm.. Klay Thompson? Or Jimmy Butler maybe? A Lawson/Butler/Ariza backcourt could potentially be pretty formidable?

Building a team in real life isn't like a building a team on a video game. Just because two players are stars and have similar contracts doesn't mean that the trade would go through. I am positive the Rockets would say no to a Cousins for a Harden swap, and I wouldn't even be surprised if the Kings would say no also unless their relationship with Cousins is more damaged than I realize. In the NBA there aren't very many examples of star players being traded for other star players. Almost always when a star player is traded it is for a collection of young players and draft picks and assets. That's the way our trade was to OKC for Harden, and the Carmelo trade, and the Kevin Love trade, and the Dwight trade to the Lakers.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

You know this...how?

I'm not saying that he wouldn't only that we don't know. Cousins hasn't been on a winning team for his entire NBA career.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm actually positive the Kings would say yes.... James Harden is hits flat out the better and more accomplished player. Damarcus Cousins is a very big talent but it has not translated on the court. Team success is predicated on having elite talent. harden has been the best player on this rockets team and every year we've been in the playoffs (which was not the case before he arrived) not only that but we've had more wins each year, gotten a higher seed each year and advanced to the WCF.

Sure dwight has been huge in the playoffs but just in terms of getting there it's James has been the guy.

Let's get James an actual superstar player next to him (sorry dwight is a 3rd option in today's nba) and let's see what happens. No player on a contender is asked to do more other than maybe lebron and he plays with love and Irving, two guys that can get u 20 ppg consistently every night. When has James played with a bonafide scorer? Not ever here in Houston.

We've actually overachieved with Harden because this team with only one offensive weapon should not have been able to be as good as we have in the tough west. Lets get James a klay Thompson type Allstar and see what this team does? I'm sure we can beat anyone in the league of we can make it happen.

James is not the problem even with his bad play so far this season. Get him some actually superstar help like every other superstar on a contender has and let's see how he does. But you absolutely don't trade the guy because were prob only going to be 1 game over .500 25 games into this season.

I still think this team will end up with 50+ wins and a top 4 seed and peek at the right time (playoffs). I still think we match up as good as anyone with the Warriors and it starts with James. He'll be locked in come playoffs.

For right or wrong once his shot starts falling my guess is he will bring it more on the defensive side of the ball also. He's still super young and only in his 4th season as the guy. I think we forget that sometimes.