1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Delfino Leving Toronto?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el_locoteee, Jun 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Toronto may be letting go Carlos Delfino. If he wants to accept reasonable money, he can be a good backup for the 2 spot. He is athletic, young, a good defender, he is tall, and can shoot the 3 (and Argentines :D ).

He is not started caliber player but a good back for 10 to 20 min.

I don't know he wants to be a started in another team or if he will be happy to play with his countryman in a contender.

http://www.thestar.com/article/450971

What do you think guys. Should we tell Scola to work his phone?

2. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

For the veteran minimum, sure. Other than that, NO THANK YOU! Delfino is a shooting guard version of Steve Novak and can't his shot off without screens being set for him. 10 to 20 min? I wouldn't give him 5 minutes on this team, he sucks.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Delfino recommending Levi's to Toronto?

He's also thinking of going back to Europe where he might get more money.

4. dsounG

dsounG Member

C'mon bro, Give him some credit.

I've watched a lot of Toronto games this year and Delfino has proven to be a great spark off the bench. He can shoot the ball and can be aggressive. If we got him, it would be a nice addition to the team.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Delfino would do great under Adelman.

6. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

Yeah, he sucks, but i don't agree with the steve novak thing. I watched him a lot when he was in detroit, and this guy can not shoot at all, he's an pretty decent defender, has okay handles, and great leaping ability, but that's about it, he makes some dumb plays a lot of the times. with that said though, i do think he'll be an upgrade over head.

7. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

well, what i said were based on his days in detroit, unless he somehow magically learned how to shoot, my view on him is still the same.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'd imagine that, like Anthony Parker, JC Navarro, Garbajosa, etc, he's get a much more lucratice contract to play in Europe. Certainly way more than the veteran minimum. Probably more than what Morey is willing to pay him. He has some tools, but never quite put it together.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Didn't the Rockets have him back when he was black and called "Kirk Snyder"?

10. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Delfino like Novak????

First Novak is a superior shooter, Second Delfino is a much, much, much better defender/rebounder/dunker and tougher that Novak. And I said 10-20 min because that what he was playing in Detroit. Playing 5minutes is not being a backup that is for player that play in blowout games only. I think you haven see Delfino play much.

11. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

I WOULD GLADLY take LUTHER over CARLOS.

12. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Considering the amount of money these international guys are getting paid back home or on other overseas teams, there isn't really any reason to take a pay cut to play in the NBA.

13. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

YOU ARE RIGHT... I HAVEN'T. Delfino is "like Novak" because he plays the "exact" same style game... 2nd, if Delfino plays 10-20 minutes on this team, expect the Rockets to be mediocore. "I think you haven seen Delfino play much" is GARBAGE. First of all, I watch more NBA than you do, 2nd of all... I am more knowledgeable about the game than you are, eh? el_locoteee, stick to soccer please por favor... Gracias.

14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Ignorant kid are everywhere.

I'm Cuban I don't play soccer. And if Novak can play a little bit a defense, rebound or handle the ball like Delfino along with his athleticism he will be playing 20-30 a game.

"if Delfino plays 10-20 minutes on this team, expect the Rockets to be mediocore"

Yes like the Detroit Pistons. :rolleyes:

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

BTW if you watch NBA more than I do, pls get a live because I watch basketball a lot.

16. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

Ignorant??? Who would Novak play ahead of in our starting 5 right now? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? GIVE ME AN ANSWER... SMART GUY? Battier... McGrady...Alston...Yao...Scola? THE ANSWER IS NONE. Face it... Delfino isn't an all NBA player like you think he is. And yes, the Rockets will be mediocore if Delfino plays 10-20 minutes a game... WHY? The PISTONS are in the EASTERN Conference... which has about 4 good teams at most, compared to the West which has 9. YOUR STUPID BECAUSE IF YOU THINK FOR A FREAKIN' SECOND THAT DELFINO IS THE REASON WHY THE PISTONS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND WERE A GREAT TEAM, YOUR DAMN WRONG. There are some guys on that team named Billups, Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace just to name a few. Don't think Delfino did much to help them win the championship beside handling water bottles and keeping the bench warm for the better players on the team.

17. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

Translator please, por favor? What is a "live"? Oh yeah, A live sporting event.. GOTCHA! :D

18. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Wow you really need to get a live, now you are even creating stuff.

Pls don't destroy a threat with personal attacks.

BTW Novak is not a SG maybe you know that by now. But that is you opinion.

I just trying to get a respectful discussion about an upgrade to the backup SG,not a two man discussion here that will go nowhere.

And is this make you happy. You won.

19. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

How great is Carlos Delfino el_locotee... let's take a look.

Career Averages:

5.8 Points Per Game
    3.0 Rebounds Per Game
    1.2 Assists Per Game
    0.6 Steals Per Game
    Shoots 40% from the field.
    36% from the three point line.
    72% from the free throw line.

Average Player at best. Has comparable numbers to what Steve Novak would put up assuming he played 17 minutes a game his entire career like Delfino is averaging. Not someone I would consider...

20. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

It doesn't really matter what position Delfino plays, bottom line, he is another Steve Novak in a shooting guards body. Now if you wanna argue this further, I have all night long. THIS IS AN ARGUEMENT YOU WILL NOT WIN.