1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deja Vu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hball, Feb 17, 2010.

?

Is tracy truly done or is Adelman running T-mac out of houston like tim hardaway?

1. T-macs truly done

119 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Adelmans running him off like Tim Hardaway

231 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He was sitting almost the entier ot's. what are you talking about. how can you score off the bench? plus he was doing the inbound passing.

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

No one knows the whole story. Its mostly speculation. Good God STFU already.

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Too bad Morey forgot to trade the T-Mac only fans together with the prima donna.

4. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I'm a fan of winning. Isoing Tmac then trading him is making us win less. We just lost to the Pacers. At home. I'm not even much of a Tmac fan, I just recognize that it was moronic to make Ariza struggle as a SG when we had one in streetclothes who was desperate to play and capable of dropping 26 pts at good percentages.

5. Yak

Yak Member

He's also capable (and more likely) of going 4/16 FG with 15 points.

Why would we play someone who 100% wasn't going to be part of the team next season?

We're trying to develop chemistry between players that will be here next year.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Like martin did tonight?

7. Hball

Hball Member

Tonight also proves that I was right about him just personally not liking T-mac, Keven played more minutes than T-mac did in 7 games,

In which T-mac had to practice, and earn his 8 minutes, while it took Adelman 4 months to figure out how to incorporate him in the line-up.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Don't make us laugh. We played Joey Dorsey, Brian Cook, and other guys who had a high chance of not being part of the team. All the BS about chemistry is just that. All that BS RA gave us about how T-Mac had to be worked in slowly, etc.- Did KMart2 only play 8 mins today? What about our fabled chemistry?

Fact is this was a stupid personal thing between RA and T-Mac and anything else anyone says is just a smoke screen. If they had acted like adults, we could have at least given T-Mac a fair chance, and maybe we might have not needed to trade at all.

9. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

By the way, I'm not saying I don't like Martin. He seems like a good enough guy, I hope he works his way into our team and can help us get to the playoffs.

I just can't stand all the stupid drama, and especially the lies and stupid excuses, like "CHEMISTRY".

10. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I lost total respect for Adelman when he stated he couldn't find any more time for McGrady. Our wing players were clearly struggling, we really needed someone like T-Mac. The sad thing to this whole ordeal is that we lose Carl Landry because of all this nonsense.

11. Yak

Yak Member

I don't even know where to start. Your post was that bad.

We played Joey Dorsey ONLY to showcase him. He had two games with significant minutes.

I think Brian Cook may have had about 4 minutes of significant minutes this entire season, and that was when we had injury problems.

TMac was being showcased for the 8 minutes he played for 8 games.

There was so much bad blood between the Rockets and TMac that there was absolutely no way he was coming back next season.

And yes, chemistry does exist. If you can't understand that, then there's no point in my arguing with you.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

ridiculous poll choices

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

well, so far...only one game....

But TMAC certainly doesn't look "done".

Crazy, I figured it would take him longer than his first game back to be so productive. He's not even in sync yet....

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I second that.

I dont think it mattered anyways. It did not work the first few times so why keep beating around a bush about it? Why keep moving in a same direction that never proved to get over the hump?

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The difference from Adelman's time in Golden State and here is that Daryl Morey >>>> Dave Twardzik.

Does Adelman have an ego and hold grudges? Sure.

Remember, this all started when Tmac allegedly didn't rehab seriously from his offseason surgeries, figured he would rehab on the fly during the season and that the Rockets would coddle around his needs and wants. Finally Adelman wanted him to play to see what he really had in Tmac and that's when Tmac had a rebuttal for Adelman by going through the motions in the Toronto game.

How do you coach a player like that? Adelman decided Tmac wasn't worth the headache and summarily crossed him off any future plans with the team.

This time though, Morey is the perfect GM to clean up the mess that Tmac and Adelman started and managed to get positives out of this. And it wasn't for Bimbo Coles and Kevin Willis.

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

They made the right decision. They did not have time being in the playoff picture to keep adding him in and out and in and out again over and over. Obviously he did not like his role of coming off the bench so that crossed the line right there. They are trying to run something called team first not me first. There could have been other reasons why he is out of Houston. These types of situations happen all the time. If your constantly in and out of the line-up and your the main cog it's an issue to run a team around you when your not available so from there you move on to bigger fish to fry.

17. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And how did that work out for everyone again? Good thing we kept Tmac benched because we are set up to do some damage in the playoffs.

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

BTW he looks weird in a Knicks jersey, but i did notice he was not all bandaged up like always before. The fact he used to have his shoulder bandaged up and never had surgery makes me wonder if his shoulder was ever really messed up to begin with.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, as Martin is in our long-term plans, and McGrady never was.....

Brooksball said it, and I agree with him, that this was a really, really, good game from Martin aside from well, shooting poorly. Passed well, played massively better defense than I had expected from him, visibly communicated with Brooks and the others, drew fouls, and didn't take STUPID shots in general. So this game wasn't too disappointing out of him, really.

< Good. >

20. dexkk

dexkk Member

I'm so sick of these whining middle schoolers.

LOOK. They went their separate ways. I like Tmac and I wish him the very best but he's no longer a Rocket. Get over it.

Let me tell you how real life works. One of my co-workers got fired two weeks ago. He was good at what he did but he didn't get along with some of the workers and our boss didn't like him. It happens.

Tmac is the same, he was good at what he did. He had a falling with the Rockets organization last year. He didn't make things better this year by demanding more minutes instead of earning it during practice. In the end, Tmac requested a trade and the Rockets did him a favor. Get over it already.