1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deja Vu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hball, Feb 17, 2010.

?

Is tracy truly done or is Adelman running T-mac out of houston like tim hardaway?

1. T-macs truly done

119 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Adelmans running him off like Tim Hardaway

231 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. Hball

Hball Member

Kobe quit on the Lakers, he even put bynum under the bus, did management get revenge by giving him to another team?... no they continued to build and now they have another championship.

2. josh123

josh123 Member

I thought I was the only one. Be mad at tmac if you want but the way we handled it and being angry has made us worse off

3. josh123

josh123 Member

hball I love you. You get "it".

1 person likes this.
  4. Yak

Yak Member

Are you seriously still trying to compare Kobe to TMac?

You put up with Kobe's BS because he's a true leader. He may have had an emotional outlash a few years ago, but you put up with it because you know he is a championship caliber player.

Plus, it's LA. Drama brews there more than in a witch's pot.

I'm guessing Orlando and Toronto also "wasted" a great player too, huh?

Bottom line. Tmac wasn't a player you could build a franchise around 3 years ago, and he certainly isn't a player you build a franchise around today.

5. Hball

Hball Member

That was all hype and media, the problem was he and Artest together wasn't a good fit especially while T-mac was playing while injured.

You switch out a healthy mcgrady for artest last year, we'd be even better considering how bad artest played and how well T-mac plays in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A Player that moves without the ball and that can use quickness to get to the basket.

7. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Kobe throw his teammates under the bus, did he quit on his team?

8. Hball

Hball Member

Didn't he demand a trade?

9. Hball

Hball Member

When has Adelmans offense won a championship?

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Was T-mac an injury prone player under Van Gundy? It seems that tmac's problems happened, while Adelman was retired.

11. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

yes he did and he was also pouting like the biggest baby but look at him now I think we should give tmac a second chance

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I repped you for having the balls to start this thread, but I'm wondering, after seeing this post, what your real objective is.

If Adelman hasn't done enough in his time here for you to respect him, perhaps you should re-evaluate.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

Since when did coaches win Championships?

14. Yak

Yak Member

It's not really "Adelman's offense."

It's a generic offense that's been used in the NBA for decades. It's nothing new.

Offenses succeed when the players that execute the players are talented.

Otherwise, the difference between most NBA offenses aren't very noticeable.

Some may put more emphasis on ISO's or post play, but in reality, none of that matters.

15. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

How did he quit? The year before he "quit" he lead this team to 55 wins and that famous 22 wins in a row. How did he quit last year? He told the team that his knee was hurting...he tried to play through it. It was a no win situation. How did he quit? The Rockets doctors told him there was NOTHING wrong with his knee...he should just play through it and suck it up. Really? Then why did two outside doctors agree that he needed microfracture surgery? Why didn't the Rockets tell him he needed surgery when it was obvious that the other doctors were right? Makes me wonder. IMO, i dont think he quit....he had no choice but to shut it down. You just dont choose to have microfracture surgery to spite someone or to prove a point...it's serious. He had a legit injury....if that's quiting, then I'm sorry I don't agree with you.

1 person likes this.
  16. Hball

Hball Member

Cmon, kobe never got out the first round without shaq, until they added Pau, Bynum and Odom 3 all-stars.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

I thought It was Phil Jacksons Offense that won championships? :confused: :confused:

18. Yak

Yak Member

Perhaps you should read Clutch's excellent article that he wrote a few months ago detailing TMac's alleged quitting. It's pretty obvious that he wasn't giving 100%.

He's a quitter. He has no regard for the organizations he's been a part of.

He quit on Toronto. They shipped his ass out.

He quit on Orlando. They shipped his ass out.

He quit on Houston. Well, we're trying to ship his ass out, but unfortunately, we didn't have the luxury that his previous two teams had.

Toronto and Orlando both had a relatively young player with pretty good trade value. We're now stuck with a player who's completely broken down mentally and physically. We can't flip TMac as easily as Toronto and Orlando did.

So I don't get where people are expecting us to net some lopsided trade using McGrady's contract.

19. Yak

Yak Member

You must spread some reputation around before giving to REEKO_HTOWN again.

Masterful burn.

20. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

DISAGREE COMPLETELY!