1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deftones New Album

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Band Geek Mobster, May 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Band Geek Mobster

We're now on the eve of the release of their 4th album. I might actually buy this cd instead of rip it off the net. The Deftones are probably the only band I listened to in High School that I still really like even today. This Self-Titled is supposedly going to be White Pony meets Adrenaline. I'm not sure if I can buy that, but I'm fairly positive that this cd will not disappoint. I love their new single "Minerva"...

So anyone else looking forward to the Deftones release?

Promotional Link

[​IMG]

Anyone going to buy it tomorrow or already have it now?

I'll post my review later...

2. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Around the Fur is one of my favorite albums.

Since White Pony, it seems that Chino has become overly cerebral. I hope this one is heavier.

3. Band Geek Mobster

I agree that White Pony was definitely a change from their usual style. At times I really love that cd while hating it at other times. I definitely hope for a lot more thrash in this new cd with some melody mixed in...

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, I loved that they were willing to mix things up in White Pony, but I do wish they'd stay a little heavier...

5. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

I like how so many people have responded to this thread.

6. Band Geek Mobster

7. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

So has anybody bought it? What are your thoughts?

I just got it...it seems nice. It ain't Around the Fur, but it's good. It isn't super melodic...at first listen it sounds like they're trying to be really heavy.

I might post a review later, but I got three new albums to listen to!

On a side note, The Flaming Lips are the most overrated band in the history of mankind. Also, "The Soft Bulletin" is the most grossly overrated album of all time. Blech!

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I never realised that the Flaming Lips were ever rated high enough to ever be considered overrated.

:confused:

9. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Me neither.. although Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots was the best album I bought in 2002.. However, The Lips still seem to be operating underneath the mass public radar..

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hell Chicken Boy I guess your right.