1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Definition] Flagrant 1 vs Flagrant 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, May 1, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm arguing because the head push I'm not sure even counts as a push and was mostly just posturing, whereas Nene's push was a real push that made Dedmon move his feet. What I really think Nene should have done is to pull Harden back, not push Dedmon. If you're really playing the peacemaker role, you grab your own guy and get him out of the situation. Nene wasn't playing the peacemaker. He was sending a message to the Spurs that he's going defend Harden when things get chippy. That's fine. I've got no problem with that. This is going to be a hard series, and I think you want the physical edge. But, I don't see why a ref should look kindly on the behavior. A tech each for Dedmon and Nene makes sense to me. I'll be surprised if anyone gets suspended. It's not like punches were thrown.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm gonna push your head with my head and see what you do.

Why was dedmon handling 3 players and a ref looked kindly on?

Also, let's pretend like he did nothing to harden who just out of the blue, for no reason, decided to trash talk the Spurs 11th best player.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey now. basketballholic says that 11th best player is better than Capela

Sooty likes this.