1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Def player of the year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by explode211981, Apr 19, 2005.

1. explode211981

explode211981 Contributing Member

This makes me :mad:

Kobe on the list and T-Mac not look at the numbers here

Kobe 6rpg, 1.32st, .82blk

T-Mac 6.2rpg, 1.73st, .67blk

Who ever makes these decisions for the NBA is blind; I am tiered of seeing Kobe on the all defensive team. It's a laugh

I am out!!!!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It's ok. Let Kobe enjoy his nomination while he watches Tmac and Shaq in the playoffs on TV. :)

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I told you before: it is a "media" thing. They will shove Kobe, Garnett, and Lebron into ANYTHING they can.

And people wonder why the NBA has little/no credibility anymore:rolleyes:

4. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Can i get a link please? If not, at least give a description of what the hell you are talking about.

5. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

I think he was probably talking about the "Fan Voting 2005:
    Defensive Player of the Year" on nba.com. They listed 10 NBA
    players for fans to vote who is the defenseive play of the year.
    They don't have Tmac on the list.

Bruce Bowen, San Antonio Spurs
    An All-Defensive Team member four seasons running, Bowen¡¯s never been a numbers guy (3.5 rpg, 0.7 spg, 0.5 bpg) but remains a stellar perimeter stopper.

Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
    One of the top rebounders (5.9 rpg) and shot-blockers (0.8 bpg) at the guard position, Bryant (1.3 spg) has earned five consecutive All-Defensive Team honors with his smothering D.

Marcus Camby, Denver Nuggets
    Ranking first in total blocks (193) and second in defensive rebounds per 48 minutes (12.6), Camby¡¯s finally looking for respect after never having received a defensive accolade.

Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
    Duncan (11.3 rpg, 2.7 bpg) has garnered Defensive Team honors every year of his career but has yet to earn the coveted DPOY award.

Kevin Garnett, Minnesota Timberwolves
    The only player in the league to be named First-Team All-Defense the last five seasons, Garnett is first this year in rebounds per game (13.8) in addition to contributing 1.4 blocks and 1.5 steals per outing.

Larry Hughes, Washington Wizards
    Leads the NBA in steals on both a per game (2.8) and 48-minute (3.5) basis, while adding 6.4 rebounds a night.

Allen Iverson, Philadelphia 76ers
    Iverson¡¯s second in the NBA in steals per game (2.5) and, some would say, No. 1 in toughness. He has led the league in steals three times.

Shawn Marion, Phoenix Suns
    Marion is on pace to become only the second player (David Robinson, 1991-92) to rank in the top five in rebounds (11.5 rpg, 3rd) and steals (2.0, 4th). He also posts 1.4 bpg.

Shaquille O¡¯Neal , Miami Heat
    Having magically reversed the fortunes of the Miami Heat this season, O¡¯Neal is fifth in rebounds (10.6 rpg) and second in total blocks (169).

Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons
    Two-time Defensive Player of the Year is second in rebounds (12.1 rpg), sixth in blocks (2.4) and 21st in steals (1.4 spg).

http://www.nba.com/features/awards2005_defensive.html