1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation (2008)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Feb 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. superx

superx Member

Thank you pryuen,you are my hero. :p

2. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

thanks agian for your work pruyen...keep it up...

3. kwng

kwng Member

That's very good news. 1 week of casting. Hope he'll recover quick and get back to his old self soon and come back stronger than before.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great news...get well soon big fella......focus on the Olympics and next year....

DD

5. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

China should give Yao a whole summer rest in 2009. It will do good for both the Rockets and their NT.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I don't think there is anything big next summer, he should be off. In fact he didn't play much last summer.

7. FFz

FFz Member

Asian Championships are next summer. Sadly China might need Yao to beat some teams like Korea and Saudi Arabia...

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

:D

Can we send scrubs like Novak and Green instead of Yao. Like that dude plays for Russia, have them keep dual citizenship. That way Yao gets rest, and our scrubs get playing time.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao plays for CNT, not just a responsibility. More importantly, it is an honor! :)

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You are joking right? They will not need Yao for Asian championship. Wang and Yi will kill Korea and Saudi.

11. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

But you forget about HA the Great!

12. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Nothing much today......very quiet except the following news recapping the public thank-you letter Yao Ming issued to his fans in China.

13. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

A funny thing happened to me on the way to Tulsa...

I was in the Bush IAH airport on Wednesday waiting for my flight and happened to be sitting next to Dean Cooper VP of Player Development for the Rockets. At first I didn't recognize him but overheard him talking on his cell phone about some games and stats and stuff. I thought he was talking to someone about fantasy leagues or something.

Then out of the blue he busts out "hey I need to call you back, Yao Ming is calling me on the other line..." At first I was like, did I hear him correctly? Then he started talking to Yao and asking how he felt, if he needed anything, who was there with him, etc.

After he finished his call I struck a conversation up with him. I asked him who he worked for and he told me and confirmed it was Yao on the line. He told me that Yao had three screws put in his ankle and the doctors said after he recovered his foot / ankle would be stronger then before. He said Yao would begin pool work after the wound healed up. I asked him why Yao seemed to have problems only with his left foot and he said its because it is the one he uses most for pivoting, pushing off when he jumps, etc.

We chatted a few more minutes on how we both were going to miss the game on Wednesday due to being out of town and joked about having to keep up with the scores via internet. He seemed really down to earth a to be a really good guy. He was headed to scout a game in Nashville and I had to get on my plane to Tulsa. I told him that I wished the team good luck and hoped the streak would continue. We shook hands and went to our respective gates for departure.

Crazy story I know, I still cannot believe it myself....

14. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Sweet sweet story. :) You were lucky.

15. BornToBeYaoFan

Any good news yet? It's over 1 week since the surgery now.

I don't know, but I have a feeling that he is going to return late May and help us win it all :) ... anyone of you has this feeing?

16. pryuen

Nothing......very quiet.

Just titbits here and there.....

• Yao Ming had to spend most of his time on the bed
    • He can move around at home on his wheelchair
    • He watched every game of the Rockets from TV
    • He made calls to chat with Uncle Mutombo and Shane Battier
    • He will remove the stitches on his wound and probably the plaster casts on March 14
    • He will stay in USA for the next 4 months cos in his current state, he can't take longhaul flights
    No way he can return for the playoff in May, cos he won't be able to start his rehabilitation until then.

17. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

With Chinese medicine, Yao should be back by April. That stuff could cure AIDS.

18. pryuen

19. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

He should practice on an adjusted court - so he can doing it sitting... That would be a big weapon for him and the rockets next season...

20. pryuen

2 very short but related articles about Yao Ming's latest restoration on his left ankle, both from Erick Zhang Mingji, his agent.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2008-03-12/12043527225.shtml

• The stitches on his wound and the plaster cast on the left ankle and foot sole had been removed 36 hours ago.
    • He could not yet walk and apply force on his left foot; he could only move around on his crutches.
    • He had to wear a special protective boot on his left foot to protect it from pressure and outside force.
    • The pain on his left ankle/foot had subsided. Some therapeutic treatment could start next week on his left foot to prevent the tissues lingered together.
    • He probably can start adding slight force/load to his left foot in another 2 weeks' time.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2008-03-12/16373527687.shtml

• In 2 weeks' time, a team of Chinese medical experts/doctors will arrive USA to assist on Big Yao's recovery
    • Acupuncture and Chinese massage will be used to relieve his pain and fasten the recovery.
    • Sepcial menu had been fixed by Yao's Bar and Restaurant to provide proper diet and nutrition to him.
    • Starting next week, Yao Ming will start some strength and conditioning exercises on his upper limbs, as well as the muscle of his right leg, so as to keep his competitive form and shape on the upper limbs as well as to prevent his right leg from undue stress and overloading due to the injury to his left foot/ankle.