1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Decision Points

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 28, 2010.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

via Drudge:

--
    BUSH MAKES PEACE: BOOK REVEALED
    Thu Oct 28 2010 10:30:31 ET

**Exclusive** **Must Credit**

"It was a simple question, 'Can you remember the last day you didn't have a drink?'"

So begins President George W. Bush in the opening chapter ["Quitting"] from the most anticipated book of the season, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

With DECISION POINTS, set for release November 9, Bush pulls back the curtain with a strikingly personal work that takes very few shots at his critics.

The former president even stays clear of Obama!

From 911's "Day of Fire" to "Katrina" to "Financial Crisis", Bush explains how he returned to his faith, time and time again.

And the faith of others.

The president details how he bonded with Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia -- and a magical bird!

Arriving angry at Bush's Texas ranch over the president's position on Israel and Ramallah, Abdullah quickly decided he wanted to leave.

But the prince spots a turkey on the road -- and takes it as a good omen, a sign from Allah!

The president reveals he gave the order to shoot down planes on September 11 -- and at first thought the plane in PA had been shot down.

In the chapter "Stem Cells", Bush describes receiving a letter from Nancy Reagan detailing a "wrenching family journey".

But ultimately, Bush writes: "I did feel a responsibility to voice my pro-life convictions and lead the country toward what Pope John Paul II called a culture of life."

In the book, Bush describes an emotional July 2001 meeting with the Pope at the pontiff's summer residence.

Savaged by Parkinson's, the Pope saw the promise of science, but implored Bush to support life in all its forms.

Later, at the Pope's funeral -- and after a prodding from his wife that it's a time to "pray for miracles" -- Bush found himself saying a prayer for the cancer-stricken ABCNEWS anchor Peter Jennings.

With 14 chapters and an epilogue, it's Bush's turn.

And he'll even do it on OPRAH.

A top Bush source explains: "You will find the president strong, loving life, and ultimately at peace with the decisions he made."

DECISION POINTS ranked #29 on AMAZON's hitlist early Thursday.

Developing...

2. LScolaDominates

Do you get paid for that?

3. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

No surprise that he's at peace with the decisions he's made. He has lead a life of comfort while, outside of his mansion, he was surrounded by people in misery. At least he's consistent.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'd like to know why the coward moved the release date until after the mid-terms?

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Wow, you sound really tough calling him a coward. Well done.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should just rename basso to drudge

7. mc mark

He should be in jail for war crimes.

Notice I didn't say receive the death penalty.

8. Raven

Raven Member

The worst President in my lifetime.

But at least he destroyed the brand name.

Sorry Jeb!

9. Bandwagoner

Which war crimes would that be?

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think he meant Thought crimes, since those are the most heinous in NPRica.

11. Bandwagoner

I am serious because I heard the news after Obama was elected, many people waiting around for members of the Bush admin to get prison sentences and it not happening.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

TPM must be down at the moment; please stand by.

13. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I "Hope" you'll "Change" your mind about that.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i have called for the death penalty repeatedly. he and many w/in his administration are war criminals and should be treated as such.

glad to know he sleeps well - if i had lied my country into a war which killed hundreds of thousands of innocent iraqi men, women and children and gotten tens of thousands of my own troops killed and wounded, authorized torture, trampled all over our civil liberties and the constitution and presided over an unprecedented level of corruption i would probably have a hard time sleeping...dang that pesky conscience of mine!

1 person likes this.
  15. jo mama

well obama has also defended bush when it comes to preventing the release of millions of bush era emails. he has expanded bush's illegal wiretapping program. he fought to continue the bush policy of allowing evidence gained during torture to be used in a court of law. when england was about to throw out a case against an accused terrorist b/c the evidence was gained under torture the obama administration threatened to w/hold future intel from them. gitmo is still open. as for torture, he wants to "look forward, not back" - it is cowardly and its wrong and it is one of the main reasons why i will never support him.

you bush supporters should be thanking obama for covering up for your boi.

why dont you read the war crimes act of 1996 which was signed by a republican congress.

16. Bandwagoner

Why don't you tell me the provisions he broke so I can reference the list you provide while I am reading.

17. mc mark

I recommend either one of these two books. I'm sure they're much more insightful, honest and accurate than Bush's account of history.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

From what I can gather, there's nothing "strikingly personal" about this, unless you count his faith and prayers, which were used in a very public way throughout his political career.

Same ol', same ol'.

19. jo mama

here is the whole bill.

20. jo mama

we know bush had his lawyers (gonzales and yoo) change the very definition of torture to mean only acts that result in death or organ failure, and then it only applied if it was intentional. so if an interrogator 'accidentally' beat someone to death it did not 'legally' count as torture. john yoo even said the president has the legal authority to sexually torture children...