1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Debbie Wasserman Schultz already has a new job. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Realjad, Jul 24, 2016.

1. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Because vagina.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You know and I know it happened. I don't know why you would maintain the farce with me, I'm not even American. This is just how these parties operate, they are dinosaurs who have grown comfortable and corrupt in their increasingly unchecked power.

Trump was treated unfairly by the RNC imo. However, as a person who's no in the business of monetizing media, I can tell you the media more than made up for it.

The whole persecution act, that's your politicians screwing with your head because they know even the most atheistic American has a thing for the crucified underdog. Hillary plays that game, Obama did, Bush, Clinton and certainly Trump is no exception.

I just want you to see this problem is rampant on both sides, and unless a candidate comes along whose life's work will be dedicated to fixing it, it's not going to be fixed from inside the system. Trump is not that guy. Hillary is not that guy. I'm not even sure Bernie would've been that guy, but that's someone who should get a shot at doing it, he's an exception.

When these stories come out it seems the first thing most people on here think about is whether this is an opposing wing conspiracy against them, and they think of ways to use it to trash the other side. In the midst of all this, stories that affect all of you are left to just die, following in the predetermined narrative that representatives on both sides have carved out for you. And you all play. Not just you. You all play.

You have bigtexx dancing around because of this, meanwhile rocketsjudoka is defending a position that DWS herself couldn't defend. It's absolutely ridiculous. Political opponents are not going to commiserate for each other, that's just the nature of politics.. but once in a ****ing while, you guys must be able to look at bad news on the other side, and collectively facepalm, and collectively sigh, seeing how sad it continues to become, seeing that you face similar problems.

It is getting worse. Don't let people tell you it's always been like this and always must be. There are dozens of countries with the same values as you where people are able to come together in rare occasions when everyone's interests meet (health, education, etc). You can't seriously any more believe that this is normal.

Hurt for your fellow American one time, even if they didn't do it for you last time.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Pretty foul and par the course for Hilldog.

I didn't know Berlusconi's party and coalition had fascist ties and principles. They promised all the things like lower taxes, less government, more business involvement. And now...who cares right? It's not like we need living proof for what a Trump term would look like.

Turmp isn't hitler if he wins. Who knows what Pence will do with Cheney powers. But the orgies. My god, the orgies.

Oh yeah, poor people gonna poor, middle class gonna rot, environment gonna die, yadda yadda yadda... who cares as long as I get mine.

4. Granville

Granville Member

I need to see proof to have a firm opinion that those within the RNC are doing the same thing. I'm already not voting for Trump for many of the same reasons some Republicans are not.

So who are you voting for?

5. TheresTheDagger

Good post.

My comments on this entire scandal have for the most part been embedded tweets from the Wikileaks twitter account with sarcastic comments attached. Moreover, I will admit to taking glee in seeing opponents from across the aisle squirm while just about everything that has ever been suspected about the DNC, the media, Facebook, Google, etc, has been proven to have validity. It is especially sweet to see these facts proven now especially given the "tin foil hat" characterizations I and others have suffered when calling out the obvious bias in the past.

Having said that, I am fully suspicious of the RNC in the same manner I am the DNC. I don't trust Fox. I don't trust the Wall Street Journal. I don't fully trust or like Trump and can prove this with posts I've made over the last 6 months. I hated Cruz, distrusted Jeb Bush and worried that Rubio didn't have the backbone to resist the overwhelming pressure to conform. Kasich would have been the best option available but...lets face it....is still tied in to the establishment we have grown to despise. And it took me awhile, but I finally see the neo-cons for what they are. I will never support one again.

Where does that leave us? Folks like you and I just have to keep pushing the message, hope that those closest to us get it and continue to spread the word. One day, someone will come along and make some headway...maybe its Trump. Maybe not. At least today we can say the curtain has been pulled back for once. That's a start at least.

1 person likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hillary and Debbie were in this together from the beginning. We knew it from the get go. Down from something like 20 debates to 6 on nights historically shown to have fewer voters. Hillary will take care of Debbie.

The game was rigged by Debbie and Hillary from the get go.

That being said, it is maddening, but this is not enough reason to vote for the psychopathic liar Trump.

Who knows what that liar would actually do? Does he regret and want to make amends for a life time of buying off dirty politicians, refusing to rent to African Americans etc. Who knows?

What we do know is that he wants massive tax breaks for he and other billionaires in an extreme version of trickle down and is a climate change denier who wants to frack the crap out of the planet and expand the mining and burning of dirty coal. Though again he probably he is just lying to appeal to the ignorant GOP base.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

To answer the OP's question...yes, Wasserman-Schultz already has another job as the U.S. Representative for Florida's 23rd congressional district...though even that is not something that's guaranteed to last much longer either. She's facing a tough primary opponent who (shockingly) is supported by Bernie Sanders. If you're thinking is that she resigned and Clinton maybe promised her a cabinet position or something, I have to think that is highly unlikely.

Learning that the Clinton's aren't clean isn't news. I'm not pleased or overlooking any of it. But I am considering the greater good for the country and I think it's Clinton that can provide this over Trump.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Democrats, your party has failed you and many of you still fail to acknowledge it.

We understand the RNC is not beneath these tactics. However, the RNC is like going into Walmart. You know you're getting ****ty service. To think otherwise is foolish. I didnt follow the rise of Trump, but I do not think the RNC ever accepted him. He is running on his own accord.

Here is the thing with the DNC: Bernie is one of the most principled men we have seen in a good while from either party. You can disagree with his beliefs, but he doesn't sell out his cause. Hillary is the extreme opposite. She represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with a typical politician in Washington.
    Its insane the DNC would sink Bernie to ensure they get an unethical candidate like Hillary. You can't tell me the DNC isn't rotten to the core.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This thread is an unholy amalgamation of crackpots, wackos and the just plain dumb^

Avert thine eyes. It's worse than Lovecraftian horror.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Debbie Wasserman Schultz already has a new job.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's what they said. There's no proof, nothing illegal happened. And then when the paper proof shows up "we already knew it was happening, this isn't news."

So when is this knowledge relevant? The answer is it's never relevant when you're embroiled in the civil war mentality that both parties are propagating.

I'm not American so I don't get a vote, just the tax. If I were to vote though, I would simply vote for based on two positions:

1) Who is likely to shuffle most money from foreign policy to domestic policy.
    2) Who has a history of acting like a secretary of their community, rather than the ruler of their community.

If there's no one worthwhile, then I would shamefully and quietly vote for the lesser evil, never give that person any publicity by boasting about it, and 1 minute later get to work on how to not be in that position again in 4 years. Even if that means befriending the "mean" people on the other side.

Your fellow Americans from the other party are the least "evil". Commiserating with people who vote left is going to do you a lot more good than attacking their corrupt party leaders or your corrupt party leaders.

They are your brothers and sisters. They are your community members. You live amongst each other. You are hurt and helped by the same things that don't affect the reps at the top. Do you think Hillary or Trump know what it feels like to go through a recession? They have no idea. Both of them were signing deals with entities related to foreign autocrats to make up that little dip in wealth they noticed on a piece of paper their accountant showed them. They are not you.

But believe me, the people voting for the other party, they know you and you know them. You have felt and lived the same lives for the most part.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At this point I'd almost rather we start a war just to keep Obama in office for another 4 years.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

....and the extremist rear their ugly heads.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I said almost, but the giant meteor still has an edge bth.

15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

We don't have to vote for Hillary or Trump.

There are other choices...

16. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

for someone immersed in politics all her life, Hillary has lousy political instincts too frequently.

1 person likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hillary derangement syndrome.

What does this have to do with Hillary? :confused:

The DNC - obviously- is made up of longtime D's.

They don't love Bernie who wasn't even a member of the party until recently.

Putin/Russia/Wikileaks hacked their emails to find them saying mean things about Bernie.

Therefore - bad girl, Hillary. Because . .. .just because.

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

not just because...

just politically dumb.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Yes ill deny that. They could of done lots more.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    HO HO HO

But Sam, I didn't think it was a national security risk to have unsecured emails... like on your homebrew server in the basement?? This issue that the Dems spent the better part of a year defending has now come full circle. But the larger issues may be the racism, corruption, and just sleaze that was contained in those DNC senior executives' emails. Attacking Bernie's religion? Come on. Conspiring to conceal the identity of the Washington Post for a fundraiser -- possibly illegal. And the taunting of poor LaQueenia due to her name -- now that is just over the top. Shame.

This is further evidence that Hillary Clinton is a bad leader. It's a lack of institutional control to safeguard data. The Democrats are working overtime with the media to try to push this Russian hack story on us, which serves to distract from the issue, but no one is buying that. It's just so dishonest. Listening and watching Robbie Mook try to defend it yesterday with Jake Tapper (also implicated in the DNC emails) was just painful. Complete failure.