1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Debate night : What bar we headed to ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Troy McClure, Sep 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You want to have a lap dance while you look at this guy..? :confused:

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i though it was just botox?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I thought it was just cocaine?

oops, silly me derailing the conversation with partisan rhetoric.. my bad.

4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Is nader going to be in the debate too?

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Nope. Since the Republicans and Democrats wrested control of the debates from the League of Women Voters, they have set up a system that makes it between difficult and impossible for a third party candidate to participate. To qualify, a candidate must have 15% of the vote in five different polls.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

This is ****ing bull****; the reason to have the debate on this University campus was for students to be able to attend. Only 12 students will attend (3 from each grade) out of the thousands that wrote a 250-word essay.

THis thing is a joke, but security is absolutely everywhere.

Yesterday I met Chris Matthews, Ron Reagan, and others while I met Nader today (because he was sitting down with virtually no one near him).

Yesterday there was also a WWE-sponsored debate (that was actually quite good) between Mick Foley, Bradshaw, two students, and two state legislatures. I met and got pictures with the wrestlers (even though I couldn't care less about professional wrestling) and Vince McMahon.

And the next 3 years here at the University of Miami will suck....just kidding. :D

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We would love it if you posted your pictures Mr. Mooch...

(opens photochop) ;)

Mods should open up the chat room tonight so we can talk trash.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Ted, keep your hands to yourself!!

Keep D&D Civil!!

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

If I still lived in Houston I would gladly watch the debate with y'all at taverna.

I would gladly debate TJ or anyone else.

10. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

anyone know if there's a live video feed on the internet?

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

12. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Thanks! Stuck at work here.

13. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

And that's precisely the reason why I won't post my pic of Shaq from last week. :D

I forgot to mention another of the wrestlers was Mark Harvey, former Strongman and olympian I think. He's an awesome guy (and HUGE).

For the debate, the campus got pretty split between the parties. I expect it to be pretty hazardous during election day around here.

I'm pretty sure I was on CNN and MSNBC a few times; my neighbors were holding a big 'Poo' sign during Hardball that they cut from a local official running (Pooley was the full name).

I've been to live broadcasts before, but seeing such a production (national at least) was very disappointing. It was a true definition of how cable news stations are more about ratings than the news. Every second of every show is calculated precisely to be filled with something 'entertaining.' That's why these people get paid so much. From now on I will know that CNN, MSNBC, and FoxNews are just a big joke to try to get news from.

So the next 3 years is downhill from here...

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

thats the funny thing....Ive seen both those guys in RL, and andy is exactly how he comes across on here...actually, a little wilder..and like Batman said, TJ is actually a normal seeming guy....it must just be politics on the internet that makes him seem bizarro. ;)

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I spoke to a friend earlier today. I asked him if he watched the debate last night. He mentioned he went to Hooters at Kirby & 59. I asked if the debate was on the big screens there. He said he didn't know...he was watching other things.:D