1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Mr Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

We are, as Rocket Fans, greatly pleased to have you on board the Rocket Express.

But we politely ask...check that...we greatly implore you to please utilize Tracy McGrady in a manner that is beneficial to his game.

Please inform Tracy that the Rockets need Tracy to become Dominant Tracy again. Although he is a deadly assassin at the three point line, who can suck the life out of you when he is on a roll, let him know that this is a different Rocket team now. That launching three's and long J's with all his athleticism is simply inappropriate.

We need the "above the Rim" Tracy, the throw it down, mash it in your grill Tracy back. We ask that you find easier ways for Tracy to score, that don't include him always having the ball in his hand, trying to create for everyone else. Though it is a great tactic, it is ineffective to play the entire game that way through him. A nice way to maybe accomplish this would be the use of the "alley oop" pass that has gone away in the JVG years. Screen and rolls. Back door picks, baseline cuts are also fine ways to accomplish this.

With the addition of some scoring relief, we as Rocket fans don't believe that Tracy's game should flounder at all. Instead, his game should flourish now that you can not only double him or Yao.

We sincerely hope to see the return of the Athletic Tracy this upcoming year.

Sincerely and respectfully yours,

The Rox Faithful.

2. Pocket Rockets

3. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

we also need the red rowdies back. do everything in your power to bring them back and have them part of every home game.

4. RedRaiderRocket

I thought the above reasons listed were the reason we replaced Adelman for JVG?

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

dear adelman,

all i'm asking for is a championship, but since i'm a nice rockets fan, you have 2 years to do that, but the minimum for this year is past the 1st round. thank you

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Dear Adelman,

Can you spot me a tenner? I need to get some of that rooster sauce for my ramen noodles, and also a pack of cigarettes.

Thanks,
    thadeus

7. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Ok see where this thread is going.

Dr Adelman,

Please find package of Signed Karl Malone Rogaine to pass on to JVG on the way out.

Regards,

Disgruntled 1st round exit Rocket fans.

8. dealmaker

dealmaker Member

You can't be in "attack the basket" mode for the entire NBA season and expect to be around this league more than 5 years.

Wade is realizing that now and has had to change his game.

T-Mac is much older and has more injury problems. No way he can "attack the rim" every night repeatedly. Sorry, but that's just the reality of the situation.

People love to sit here and say "ATTACK, T-MAC, ATTACK!" but they don't know what they're talking about. T-Mac needs to coast through the regular season, which is a better option now because we have so much more talent this year, and then turn up the intensity and attack more in the playoffs.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

"above the rim" McGrady might not exist anymore.

However Adelman has already made his plans for McGrady loud and clear. Various quotes and interviews point out that he will no longer assume the role of play maker and instead will be utilized as our most versatile weapon on offense. He will be seen in the post, cutting off screens, moving without the ball, etc... I believe Adelman even said that McGrady could lead the league in scoring although that was probably an exaggeration.

So don't worry about your beloved T-Mac. He should be leading this team in scoring next season. Which kind of bothers me... We have the most dominant player in the league. He shoots 50+ from the field and 80+ from the line. He should be getting the majority of the shots.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

probably but thats more of the result of the league rules than adelman or jvg or any other coach for that matter. go back and watch some games from the mid 90s and Hakeem. the one thing you'll notice is how easy it was for Hakeem to catch the entry pass and how much space he has. Its a whole lot easier to score with the added room and not having to worry about where a guy is at all times. With todays zone you'll see several teams double and sometimes triple yao when he doesnt have the ball making it extremely difficult to get a good entry pass in even if he has established good if not great position. if we still had the old rules Yao would be getting the ball pretty much every time down the court.

(note: please do not think that I believe Hakeem and all his glorious accomplishments are in some way lesser because of this "extra space and no zone". Hakeem was, is and will always be my all time favorite Rocket and I would never think let alone type such blasphemy)

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Of course he can't attack the basket every time, but the least Tracy can do is take better shots. It's ridiculous that someone of his talent shoots such a poor percentage. When Wade goes on one of his rolls during the 4th quarter of a game, he doesn't attack the rim every time anyway. The guy has mastered the mid-range shot and drills it when teams deny him the rim. Tracy could learn from that. I'm sick of him taking the easy way out and chucking up low percentage long jumpers. Sometimes during the regular season it seemed like he was practicing his jumpshot to see what would happen instead of trying to maximize the Rockets' chances of scoring on that possession. Tracy underutilizes his immense talent more than any superstar in the NBA. IMO, that is the primary reason we lost to the Jazz. "I'm gonna keep on shootin'", famous last words.

12. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I agree, but TMac and the team need to be prepared to turn it on at any point. A good compromise would be to go all out against the top 6 or so teams in the regular season. Not only will it help prepare us but also strike fear into our opponents.

I'm tired of hearing "let's fly under the radar" or "we'll get them in the playoffs". I want to see this team play with teams during the regular season like we have them on a string.

I think Adelman knows the appropriate balance though. He has been there many times, and I'm sure he feels like he and this team belong there again.

13. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I think Yao would have been better suited for Hakeem's era and Hakeem would be better suited for Yao's era. Yao has the size and skills to compete with all the big centers from the 90's and would only be better without the zones. Hakeem has the quickness to overcome the zones for the most part and would completely control the paint on defense since he could stand there the whole time.

My guess is Yao in the 90's would be 110% of what he is today, and Hakeem today would be 100% of what he was in the 90's. Hakeem would still be greater than Yao, but it would be a much better argument.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

WHAT ABOUT HIS BAD BACK-POSSIBLY HE CAN NEVER BE THIS PLAYER AGAIN!! :p

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yao_fan_2007
    I don't care if the Rockets are winning with Yao average 13points. I don't care. I want to see Yao scoring at least the same as last year.
    Who could be so stupid to think that Yao is going to only score 13 points a game? We need him to be at a minimum 25-30 points a game, after all he could possibly dominate this upcoming season, and it's his time to shine! :p

16. LIN

LIN Member

:D :D :D

17. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Well that was appropriate.

18. Akhorahil

Akhorahil Member

Dear Mr. Adelman,

Please ignore us Rockets fans and just do your job. We tend to *itch and Moan alot. Yes, even when we are winning. If we arn't, please don't panic. Just check our pulse and write down the time, because we are all dead. Just remember this... Whether we have died from joy or sadness is entirely up to you.

Have a great season,
    Ak

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dear Mr. Adelman,

Thanks for shaving off that 'stache before taking the Rockets head coaching job. Rockets fans everywhere, as well as the entire city of Houston, appreciate it greatly.

Sincerely,
    Your future fans if you bring home a trophy

20. zforrest

zforrest Member

I hope Adelman actually reads this letter lol