1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Les...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pistol Pete, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rudy was asked to resign.

Health related reasons.

Van Gundy cited burnout. Burnout that came from his sour puss personality.

He had last year and he spent most of that sniping at his players too...

Like i said before....his coaching style doesn't work here. It was evident last year, let's not wait until he alienates Yao and TMac.

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

That is my point.

We are Clutchfans memebers and houston Rockets fans. I believe we are the best fans in the world and posts like these restores my faith.

It is not about agreement rather the rationale behind the reasoning. I have never been apologetic for any coach or player in any sports team I root or have rooted for and I am trying to do the same for JVG or his players.

Looking at things realistically is the best way to look at things. The sad part is that had Steve and the magic struggle, the common sentiment these days would be different. Only puerile minds jump too quickly. Giving it time folks - not 1 game or 10 rather at least mid season.

3. edc

edc Contributing Member

Even with the Rockets deficit at head coach, given the on-court talent difference, the Rockets should be playing as well as the "11 new players, and a new head coach" Lakers.

One of those teams is 8-6, and looks decent despite occasional awkward moments. The other is 6-9, looks lost far too often, and is rarely optimizing the talent of their stars.

4. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

if we fire van gundy, say tomorrow, who would we replace him with?

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'll agree on this point. The Lakers have gone through something similar and have played better. However, do leave room for individual differences. Our players aren't their players, our coach isn't their coach (I know I'm opening myself up to take shots on that).

But really...like anything, differences mean different results. Maybe a little longer to gel and come together...and hopefully a higher upside than Kobe & Co.

6. caphorns

caphorns Member

We do have some horribly impatient fans. We always have. I think they are the worst fans of the teams I follow in terms of constant b****ing. The negativity is too much sometimes. I apologize for unloading on your message Ill. You actually make some good points, particularly in your reply to my rant. But, your premise is simply flawed. JVG took a relatively lackluster Rox lineup to the playoffs last year and ran a pretty close competition against one of the teams in the finals. I'm not saying that the playoffs is the only goal of this team, but it was our first goal and JVG delivered last year. So what that we are off to a rough start with T-Mac and Yao. WE DON'T HAVE A POINT GUARD OR A REBOUNDER ON THIS TEAM. I know that JVG knows this and is looking, as is CD. If anything, why not ask Uncle Les to sport some more money if at all possible to deal with these two situations. Jeff is coaching with his hands tied behind his back right now. I hope he gets it done and if this turns in to a playoff team this year, you probably have been witness to one of the best coaching jobs I've seen.

7. caphorns

caphorns Member

Uh. The Lakers have great depth of talent, something we lack. Also, you might want to read the nursury rhyme about the tortoise and the hare.

8. edc

edc Contributing Member

(1) Blame Van Gundy. These are the players he wanted.

(2) I think you mean "fable." The NBA is not Aesop. The Rockets are 12th in the West, and 0.5 a game over the 13th spot. 5.5 games cannot be made up overnight.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Huh? :confused:

10. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

We are only 2 1/2 games back of the Fakers and ONLY 15 games into the season! We also have a tougher schedule to start out the season.

You Rudy lovers have got to learn to let go of the past. I do not want to hear this crap from any if you bandwagoners once we get on a roll.

11. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

12. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Sorry about the post above, I can't edit it.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You could if you would contribute.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Uh. What? tierre brown, brian cook and luke walton see significant court time for them. nuff said.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

maybe this is simply it. we just don't seem to care. we win, life goes on. we lose, life goes on. there's no tangible energy from the team like in the past. while part of it is losing the primary sources of that energy (francis and mobley), part of it is also jvg sucking the life out of us. which is why i want him gone. so i'll like watching us again.

*i know if it actually came down to it, i'd root like hell for us to beat the lakers in the playoffs b/c there's just no way i'd ever have anything but undying passion for rockets' success in the playoffs, but it sucks that jvg even makes me think that way.

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

the only relation i can think of is joel osteen will be head of Lakewood Church (formerly known as the compaq center)...??:confused:

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot stand the product on the Floor
    so . .all of a sudden . . I'm a bandwagoner??
    Been Following the Rockets since before 1980s
    but I'm a bandwagoner because JVG is making my team look
    worse than the d*mn Atlanta Hawks???

and to quote JVG himself
    NO EXCUSES
    He picked this team
    He put them together. . .
    Deke Mutombo is only acquisition that is good
    T-mac cost too much but he is good

The need to be better

So . . .how many years of JVGball should we take before we
    complain? 2 more years
    5 yrs? hhhmmm t-mac and yao wil be 30
    yea. . .that would be great

Rocket River
    I'm not saying fire JVg but he better fricking COACH BETTER
    whether I'm better or not is irrelevent. . HE BETTER BE BETTER THAN
    HE IS NOW!!!
    :mad:

18. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I'd contribute if I didnt have posters riding my ass about where I put my posts. :p