1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

wat

kyrie is going to be for sure, a top 5 PG by the end of this year or start of next year...

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

I respectfully disagree that is nonsense. Unless guys like CP3, Rondo, Nash, Parker, Deron, Rose all die. Hell no is he going to be a top 5 PG.

3. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Friend I don't think you have any clue what a PG is.

4. peter2012

peter2012 Member

They are all still here and are waitting for lin to have a bad game, or a win game but with more than 5 turn-overs. They can see nothing when other PGs have more turn-overs than lin has. I dont understand why so many LOHs are jelous of lin's fame. 8.3M is such a big money for PG thesedays. I am like WOW, seriously? Is lin overpaid? Plus lin will bring more money to houston, why does nobody compare which PG is more like a cashcow?

Stephen Curry 4 years $44M
    Jrue Holiday 4 years $41M
    Ty Lawson 4years $48M

So they are all deserved and only lin is overpaid? I know lin is not a superstar yet, but which superstar can you pay only 8.3M a year?

5. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Are you kidding me?

The guy was critcized a lot for over penetrating last year. He's doing the exact same thing this year now. He'll get the ball drive to the rim get all the way under the rim and either try an impossible lay up or turn the ball over tryin to dish it off. Its CLEARLY his biggest issue at this point. The disappointment is his game hasn't evolved and he's making the same mistakes

6. Arthurprescott2

Steph Curry:
    Amazing shooter, minus defender, has glass ankles, and can't stay on court. = $44 million extension?

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I noticed that. Jrue Holiday plus defender, can't run an offense got a 40 million dollar extension & DeMar Derozan SG that can't shoot got 40 million as well. Madness. Lin & Asik's deals are looking like total steals now.

8. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Some fans are just really dumb, I'm sorry to say. I don't mean differing opinions, but lack of basic understanding of how the NBA works. Some people still think Lin is getting 15mil A YEAR. Or that Harden chose to leave a contender over roughly 4 mil, when it's about so much more than that, including security for himself and career future.

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

His game's not evolving, really.. But of course every weakness should have been ironed out by now cuz he's so experienced, right? Rubio got a killer jumper now, right. Nash and DWill don't turn it over anymore, right? Kyrie's defense is stunning, right? Wall shoots at least 25% from 3 now, right? Harden didn't turn it over yesterday, right? He didn't "over-penetrate" and throw it to no one or just straight into the air, nearly backwards yesterday, right?

He wasn't criticized for over-penetrating last year, what are you talking about? He was and is, and rightly so, praised for his ability to penetrate. His TOs are way way way over-talked about. How many times, and by how many people do have to tell you the same thing over and over and over again.

Yes, he's got parts of his game to work on. Clearly. The point is he just turned 24 a month ago and people like you hate on him for every little weakness he has while ignoring everyone else who do the same thing.

I'm curious, what do think of his inability to go left, or his poor poor defense, or his shoot first attitude, or his "over-penetrating" now? How many times did he "over-penetrate" versus he got in the paint and created? Did you notice that those steals came from somewhere? Meaning the opposing player made a turnover. Do you like talking bad about your team? What is it with you?

10. raskol

At the beginning when Lin first got here, it was he can't go left, he can't defend, he's a turnover machine, he's not a true pg he's a scoring pg. Now it's he's an over-penetrator? What will you come up with next? Let me guess, he's a 3 pt line-stepper!

I actually saw several posters on another site literally call him a scrub for burying shots in a come back because he didn't have the wherewithal to make it a three while saying Knight was dominating Lin. Really. smh

11. Arthurprescott2

DeMar's is the funniest. He does absolutely nothing for a team. An SG that can't shoot. :cool:

12. raskol

I don't know what they were thinking.

13. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

14. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I will be the first one to vote...I watched all his games, including those pre-season games with the Rockets:p

15. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

This dude lost all credibility with that comment. The only discussion about John Wall around the association, is if he's a bust or not.

16. Lintastic

Lintastic Member

Dear Red Nation ,

You are right , 21-10-7 was unacceptable . I should have had the triple double and will try harder next time .

Sincerely Yours ,

Jeremy Lin

17. kinein

kinein Member

21/10/7 on a bad night - is whats making you flip out? You know there are 14 other players on the Rockets of which only 1 has performed better than Lin so far by just the numbers.

[​IMG]

OHHHHHHHHH I see what you did here.. very clever.

[​IMG]

18. kinein

kinein Member

Actually whats next will be that his facial hair is not long enough.

That he should be averaging triple doubles every night.

That when other players like Harden get 5 Tos.

Lin's 3 TOS = end of the Rockets Franchise. Obviously when Michael Jordan had 6 TO's in his first game where he dropped 40+ they were all starting the bonfires and bringing the tar and feathers to get Michael Jordan as well.

These people need to find their happy place before they can appreciate a Rockets team that is no longer buried in mediocrity.

[​IMG][/IMG]

19. kinein

kinein Member

Then why don't we remind them!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvkXmMcGfLo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvkXmMcGfLo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Just need more time for Lin to get to 100% - at this point its mental and getting his body back as he adjusts to playing NBA level games again.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Go77xCLA2Vs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Go77xCLA2Vs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

We can see Wall and Lin play again in December on the 12th. Wednesday.

20. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

He played pretty good tonite. But there were instances where he did EXACTLY what I said he does. He simply penetrates too deep under the rim instead of making the easy shot. There are also times where he's outta control. Harden's played so good that Lin's mistakes haven't hurt us. But he's goin to have to get it together asap