1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Dear Chris Paul,

i'm not sure how often you read clutchfans.net, but in case you see this, I just want to say I'd really like you to join the Pacers. We are in need of a true point guard.

Love and regards,

Pacers fan

1 person likes this.
  2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Seriously?

3. pnr

pnr Member

I would take everything Lin says about his health with a grain of salt.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sigh I think both had great games & both have a lot to improve upon. But once again I think everyone is overreacting seriously to just one game. It is going to get a lot tougher against stronger competition and things are not going to look as seamless between the two. Everybody is on the Harden/Lin train but I fully expect both to look awful in the near future cause there where some areas of weakness that are being overshadowed by otherwise dominant play. The backcourt is definitely a work in progress.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Come on now.... You know thats not true.

6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Because he is becoming a pass first point guard.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

You've lost your mind.

8. formido

formido Member

Trolling this forum is so easy.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

don't let the 37 points, 12 assists, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals fool you. the team was only +18 with Harden while it was +23 with Lin.

#29 macalu, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

i think what people have to realise, amidst 'linsanity' he was in peak physical conditioning. obviously his advanced training in the lockout combined with the pg situation was the perfect storm. any surgery takes to to get back to 100%. he'll be fine.

11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Okay.

12. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

all i really want is to see is NYC SWAG back!!

13. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Troll thread attracting troll posters. Match made in hell.

14. klutch sidy

klutch sidy Member

Honestly, i dont think there needs to be a thread to tell Lin that he isn't playing like he was in NY. Frankly i don't want him playing that way. This team needs him to facilitate, not carry them on his shoulders.

15. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I am biased, because I watched Linsanity live, and I believe he's capable of easily averaging something close to 17/7. That said, I would be ecstatic if the Rockets keep on rolling, and Lin's mean is closer to what he got last night, 12/8. With Harden in the mix, and having two playmakers in the backcourt, I don't think Lin necessarily needs to score, I prefer him to be more of a facilitator with Harden on the court. With Harden off the court, I would like to see him look more for his shot. As a huge Lin fan, I prefer him to become more like Nash/Rondo, rather than a scoring PG (ala Rose/Westbrook). It's time for me to re-watch the game in a bit, and I'll be looking for defensive adjustments of the Pistons on Harden and Lin.

I was so close to not getting the NBA League Pass, because I just didn't like the flow of the Rocket's offense with Martin at SG. No knock on Martin, he looked great in preseason, but the Rockets were looking at a ceiling of .500 before the Harden trade(IMHO). Harden definitely made my decision to drop some cash much easier, and that ceiling just became the playoffs(assuming one of the rookies steps up and the Rockets shore up the backup PG spot).

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Is Melo really as big a d*ck in real life as he seems to be? Just wondering.

Sincerely yours,
    Red Nation

17. Lihao

Lihao Member

now that's something i would like to know as well :grin:

18. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

This place would explode if Lin joined Clutchfans... Like BOOOOOM!

Lol, I can actually see Lin joining a forum like this just to say hi. Someone invite him in on his twitter...

19. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

He over penetrates and turns the ball over too much. Its the same exact thing he was criticized last year for. Right now he looks like a low budget Steve Francis

20. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Obviously you've lost your short-term memory. The knocks on Lin were the following:

You got one right in TOs.
    Can't go left.
    Poor 1 on 1 defender.
    Poor help defender.
    No outside shot.
    Doesn't keep his dribble alive.
    Too Asian.

Over-penetration was never a knock on his skillset, and people knocked on him about everything. While giving Rubio (who can't shoot) or Irving (who can't pass) the usual allowances for a young player. Lin gets a lot of criticism that other rookie/2nd year players do not get. Mainly because of haters like yourself, that don't watch the games, can't analyze basketball, and just spew statements w/o facts to back them up. TROLL.