1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Hoping clutch would get the chance to ask about this issue from the coaching staff. Would love to hear what they have to say about this.

2. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Help me understand, why would a player do this? (no sarcasm, genuine question)

3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

ask patterson maybe he can tell you

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I doubt they would tell as is. People handle this differently.

Patterson didn't say a word about his injury last season until the very end as reported by Feign. Yao rather injure himself than complaining beforehand. They may not want to be labelled as 'using excuses' when in reality they are hurt.

I actually applaud White's decision to say the truth beforehand. It's wise and straightforward, and it's better than disappointing fans and the players themselves afterwards.

5. slickster

slickster Member

Blow my fuse? Stop projecting. :) You mad?

6. kinein

kinein Member

7. slickster

slickster Member

Any word on how Morey is assessing the coaching staff? I know the guy is hyper-competitive. I can't believe he's happy with what he's seeing.

8. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

i luv how u air ball three pointers thanks lin

9. slickster

slickster Member

10. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

In Golden State, he was a undrafted rookie playing behind Stephen Curry and playing for a rookie coach in Keith Smart. He made the right choice in playing it safe.

When he got to NY, the system played to his strengths since the PG position was a major role in D'Antoni's offense. Not only that, Mike D'Antoni was out of options so he finally gave the green light to Lin. It was a perfect storm for Lin and his time to prove his worth.

Now fast forward it to the present, the Rockets made a huge trade to get Harden. So he's the man that currently has the backing of the coaching staff and probably management thus Lin's role has basically been reduced.

11. haoafu

I'm convinced he's not fully recovered phsically. He maybe healthy, but nowhere near his full strength right now. I didn't see a single strong finish around the rim through contact which he repeated several times every game in NY.

12. stefanb

stefanb Member

I made a post for all LOFs to go to this website instead of clutchfans but it got deleted for some reason. http://www.jeremylin.net/

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Still don't see the motor nor the hunger from him. He deferred to his teammates yet again and didn't look for his shots most of the game. Just lacks the aggression..period. :(

14. haoafu

I see him trying very hard in one play, but just didn't have the strength to push through contact at the rim. Bullard said a similar injury caused him to fully regain his form after one year.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You could be right cause he's losing confidence in almost all facets of his game. Noticed him even tying to avoid taking the shot during the crucial moments of the game against the Hornets.

16. philchips

philchips Member

For those saying he's not 100% physically, you are apologizing for him. I seen him take off from the free throw line for a lay up like two games ago. It's all mental, he's lost his confidence! The reason he played so well last year was because he said to himself I'm gonna play my way and not try to fit in and just get along. He said if I was gonna get cut I was gonna go out my way. He took the pressure off himself trying to fit in and just get a job. He just played without thinking am I gonna get cut for this bad play or for not passing the ball and shooting instead. He's gotta get to that point where he doesn't care.

17. philchips

philchips Member

Why don't you leave...

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Damnthese uy hate harden. lol. Those comments against harden are lol

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Lin is not completely healed, then he shouldn't play. There is no fluidity no to his game, just stationing beyond the arch. This is not the Jeremy Lin that played for us in that summer and certainly not the Linsanity in NY.

Lin needs some time off and work on whatever physical issues are bothering him.

20. slickster

slickster Member

Lin has blazing speed. He's fully recovered.

The problem stems from a sh#t system that isn't working for anyone. Harden is shooting just 43%, 25% from 3's, and has as many TO's as assists (4.6 of each). Parsons is barely shooting 40%. Asik, at 7'2", is shooting 42% from the field.

This offense is completely broken. These stats INCLUDE the first 2 games, when harden was shooting lights out, and the team was shooting relatively well overall.

Please fire sampson and the rest of the coaches.