1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

That $ 8.3 mil is for cap space consideration. Lin and Asik are not, I REPEAT NOT, getting that money this year or next. They are receiving $ 5 mil this year and $ 5.25 mil next year. And why no one is saying Asik is Overpaid? Only Lin? SOME HOUSTON FANS ARE PURE RACISTS WITH A CAPITAL R.

2. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Two come from behind wins on the road, where Lin was the 2nd highest scorer, and you're still complaining? Of course we expect Lin to get better, but it is looking good so far.

Is the Houston fanbase too crazy to realize how lucky they got, and are so pessimistic, that they are only looking for the negatives? They're not gonna go 82-0 this year, save your criticisms for the days they lose. Enjoy the victories, it's gonna be a rough season, that bench is atrocious.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Dear Jeremy,

You're playing passive and deferring too much on offense yet again, when you're supposed to be at least, the 2nd option of this team. Heck, i really wouldn't mind you taking the most shot attempts for this team to be honest.

What happened to the 15-18 ft pull-up jumpers off pick and rolls you were draining all day last season? Where are the floaters and teardrop layups? How about those spin moves?

Did coach McHale tell you to just pass the ball and defer to your teammates? Especially Harden, even when he's struggling?

Please tell us what's wrong.

Time to play Super Lintendo!

4. slickster

slickster Member

Lin's got his marching orders: give the ball to harden and get the f out of the way. It's sad watching him cough up the ball at the half court line and go stand in the corner.

That was the nightmare scenario with Carmelo right? And heading to houston was supposed to free Lin up to be a creator again, right? WRONG!

McHale (I've been defending mchale but now find it almost impossible to do so) only has one play in his play book. Give the ball to harden for a crappy one on one move.

The rockets were much better without any coaching (game 1), where guys just played freely and intuitively.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I could not agree with you more. I even saw Jeremy at times, looking to get rid of the ball right after he crosses the half court line. I mean, i am not expecting a Linsanity show 2.0 here in Houston but this is not the way he should be playing.

Even his offense have become just 2 things.. Either he spots up and shoots a three or drive to the hoop and jump into the interior defender and end up missing the layup or turn it over on the bail out pass. Even when he converts his well defended layups, often times, the degree alone makes it a low percentage shot.. off a layup.

I don't wanna blame the coach nor the players but this isn't the way we should be playing. This is not the way Jeremy should be playing. :(

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Last night he even passed the ball to harden when harden was behind him at a fastbreak time. I was like what you were doing, that was big mistake.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Dear Jeremy,
    Pretend it's February/ you're coming off the end of the bench about to get cut yet again and you're playing against the Nets.... Your knee is 100%, you're in NY, keep that mindset and you will be okay...

8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Yes please lol.

9. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

The only win-win is to adapt, learn from this and to add it to his bag of arsenals.

There is no room for dissension in war. Everyone needs to have faith in the coaches and their end game. Lin got chewed out in the first quarter by one of the coaches - this can only mean he's not executing their plan. Short term may mean some tough loses but long term means winning the marathon.

10. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Probably Harden asked for it.

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I dont think so.

12. jocar

jocar Member

Hah, good luck with that!

Still waitin on my Hypercolor shirt/Z Cavarichi combo request. :(

13. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

They are running the offense through Harden as the de-facto PG. Harden is by far the best scorer on the team, but I'd honestly rather have Lin running the offense. I think McHale saw early success with Harden and went all in, but Harden has never been a very good distributor. He had that first absurd game (12 assists) and his next three have been rather average for being the primary ball handler (2, 5, 2). His career assist number is 2.5/game.

That being said, other than lousy shooting from Lin he's been having good production. 13 pts (average), 7 assists (average-good), 5.5 rebounds (elite), 3.3 steals (elite).

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I agree. Frankly the thing is that Lin isn't a good spot up shooter that just isn't a strength. Last year he was mediocre at it 0.94 (159th) He is at his best with the ball in his hands. Also the fact that Lin is averaging 7 assists is imo a lot better than average- good considering that nobody else on this team (aside from Harden) can create for themselves. Think about it this way. Last year Lin averaged 8 assists with the likes of Melo (elite offensively) Amare (dominant pnr finisher) Tyson (dominant pnr finisher) Novak (best spot up shooter in the NBA) Jr Smith (really good spot up shooter) all guys who are offensively gifted in some area. The fact that Lin is averaging just 1 less assist with less gifted offensive pieces around him is a testament to his passing ability. Frankly him & Harden would be averaging a lot more assits if guys could hit shots. Just some thoughts.

15. slickster

slickster Member

Lin gets to bring the ball up most of the time but once harden gets the ball, he and everyone else are out of the play.

This iso/hero ball is going to take the rockets nowhere fast.

16. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

So true. Lin would be averaging 9-10 assists right now if O and Chandler aren't fumbling away half their shots and bricking the other half.

17. nono

nono Member

Jeremy, why you no play aggressive until last minute of last of last quarter? I am disappoint.

18. ChandlerWu

ChandlerWu Rookie

Because now the ball is all on Harden's hand.

19. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Jeremy is a nice guy. He doesn't wanna stir up locker room drama, so he listens fully to the coaches, and what did they tweet yesterday?

"This is not democratic ball..." meaning this is Harden superstar ball. Not Jeremy's fault, not Harden's fault. These are the "strategies" the coaches put their head together to come up with. Genius. And being the humble nice guys they are, they'll just follow every order and have faith in the coach.

20. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

If the team is losing, last minute is free for all, no more monkey-wrench from the coach.