1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedHotRockets01, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Prince

Prince Member

this guy has more upside. that's what he does... jump up and up.

2. carib

carib Member

It would be good for him to come to Houston. He is a restricted free agent, so alot depends on how much the Clippers are willing to spend on him to back up Chris Caman. The Clippers are notoriously stingy and might let him go if he gets a huge contract offer.

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

4. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

His little brothers play on the high school football and basketball teams where I work. I will chat with them this afternoon and put in a good word for the Rockets. ;)

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

Pay him Rick!

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I wish a sign and trade were an option so the Clips would let him go... IDK though... he could get big money from a young team looking for some excitement.. I'll be suprised if he's not a clipper next year... but I'd really like to make a push for this guy... we'll see...

7. Braga

Braga Rookie

LMAO. So...Morey drafted Joey Dorsey instead of this guy? WTF? His height alone should have made Morey draft him before Dorsey. One of many mistakes Morey has made. I don't understand why people are all up on his ****. He hasn't done anything special that an average GM couldn't have done for people to call him a "wizard" or some crap like that.

Bottom line...Morey is extremely overrated on this board.

8. Moahst

Moahst Member

It wasn't a screw up. Jordan had questionable work ethic and maturity at the time of the draft. Dorsey was and is the better rebounder. In retrospect, sure, DeAndre panned out but at the time of the draft, given all the information, I'd have made the exact same decision.

9. gah

gah Member

Yeah, Morey and the other 28 general manager who passed on him, bunch of idiots!!! Thus, Braga and Mike Freaking Dunleavy are GENIUSES!!!

:rolleyes:

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Morey's good decisions outway his bad ones pretty heavily...

Good moves:
    Drafting Brooks
    Drafting Landry
    Signing Wafer when nobody thought he was worth anything
    Trading for Artest(this team stays healthy we make a finals push)
    Trading for Lowry
    Trading Tmac for young talent and picks(THIS move was good)
    Drafting Budinger
    Drafting Patterson
    Getting Dragic and a 1st for Brooks(who we wouldnt have paid anyhow)

Bad Moves:
    Dorsey
    Taylor(honestly just never got to play)
    Twill
    G.Green(if this counts since we signed him as a FA)

The only move we're still waiting on is to see if Thabeet can be worth anything, and even so we got a 1st rounder out of it...

Looks like the worst move he made was passing on a guy that every single team passed on in the first round as well... no one couldve predicted DJ..

11. gah

gah Member

This is somewhat what I think. D. Jordan was a raw project, Dorsey came in as a finished product who only had to get up to speed with the league, my feeling is that he didn't pan out because he just didn't apply himself, that lazy...

12. djjamieh

djjamieh Member

Would be incredible if we got him.

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

oh wow.... and martin for landry.... that belongs in the good trades as well...

14. lild713

lild713 Member

!

Yeah Saw this couple days ago I posted it up on here they moved my fourn oh well this GUY can help this TEAM ALOT...he has HOPS and can get to the line we need someone with defense which he gots and block and easy alleyoops rebound.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If only he was unrestricted.

We finally get a guy that might really want to come here, but I think their are going to be a lot of offers for him and he'll probably be overpaid.

16. lild713

lild713 Member

Yeah But Morey probaly seen what he's DONE...and he wants to play at HOMe even got tattoo represent our town H with a Star by his chest...like melo wanting to play in new york at home...So im hoping this Guy comes here..and rejects other team and come here and get paid farily.

17. lild713

lild713 Member

Haven't hear this for ALONG TIME someone wanting to play with us. I guess he's loyal and wanna be at his hometown..look at bosh he's gonna be a trade chip but I'd rather have deandre jordan plus our roster!

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3 words:

Front Loaded Contract

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm hoping the next CBA does away with restricted free agency. But, I don't really expect it.