1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deandre Jordan Very Interested in playing for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Not sure how I feel if true. Couldn’t hurt if he came cheap. How bad do you want it DJ?[/QUOTE]
    Finally, after all of these year we get Jordan on our team. Him and Hakeem will be unbeatable

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Andre drumund ?

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sorry, I will send the link again.

noppeper likes this.
  4. saleem

noppeper likes this.
  5. saleem

Please look at the link on post 84 on this thread. I made a mistake sending it to you on this post.

noppeper likes this.
  6. saleem

Sounds like a re-hash of the January story. I don't think DJ will agree to a buyout. A Capela/DJ trade is unlikely. Even if it happens, Houston is still stuck with Ryan Anderson.

7. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Capela isn’t shooting well from the FT line, so it would be comparable to that. If Rockets can retain Capela that would be best bc Capela has shown improvement every year. Also, like Hakeem he didn’t start playing basketball until much later in his life. Therefore, he will likely improve his game until he is in his 30’s! His upside is too high to let him leave now.

8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

DJ should be the last thing on our off season list

9. izeroi

izeroi Member

On the decline? How so? This year has been his best for reb, asst, ft% and third best year for pts. With a team that had no cp or bg (for parts of the season) he was asked to do more.

He's basically the same thing as Clint. Reb, blk, and catch lobs. Given our system you can swap either guy out to perform well. Who ever will be cheaper is the one who should be on our team.

10. bmd

bmd Member

DeAndre Jordan is not on the decline... it just appears that way because the Clippers were irrelevant this year so you didn’t really hear his name. And also he didn’t have Chris Paul throwing him lobs on offense.

I love Capela and would hate to see him go... but if that is what happens then DJ would be the ideal replacement.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

Can they somehow trade Capela and Gordon for lebron and then sign Deandre Jordan through free agency?

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So in other words Jordan wanted to help CP3 whoop Griffin’s ass.

13. farhen

farhen Member

I don't know about that don't forget capela outplayed him this season

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

jordan for rhino

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's intriguing - if you can shed Ryan Anderson and let Capela walk for Jordan instead, signing Lebron becomes a more realistic possibility.

16. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Not sure this works since Jordan to test fa may be looking for more than his option? (24mm) which makes moving Anderson and signing Jordan a wash

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Pipe dream, keep CC and sign Deandre.

UNSTAPPABLE TWIN TOWERS JUTSU, SON

18. Convictedstupid

Is Jordan signing for the vet min in this scenario? Don't we lose the MLE if we go under the cap?

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You are acting as if capela swishing 3s is unrealistic brother

PersianRocket likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't get why we should trade assets for DeAndre when there's a chance he gets bought out and we would have like 99,9% chance to sign him for the rest of the season and maybe work on a multi year deal with the MLE in 2019.

If we don't get Lebron or George we're going to match/resign Capela anyway, we just don't need a center.

The only scenario where we might want DeAndre early this summer is if Lebron wants to be here but the Cavs refuse to sign & trade him, at that point i can see us being forced to move Capela to dump Anderson and/or shed some salary, but even in this scenario, i expect us to talk with DeAndre as soon as we'll know something about Lebron, if he wants to be here but the Cavs refuse to deal with us, we will probably ask DeAndre to opt out to sign here for cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.