1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scolalist, Apr 8, 2011.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Oh but but but the Yao Ming fans want him back for the MLE. If Jordan is signed with the MLE, there is going to be hell in this forum. It will be worse than T-Mac.

2. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I was thinking, someone said that DJ would get a contract similar to what Perkins got. Also that the Clippers were looking for a SF. I'm interested to see how much Morey will offer him. Many people say no more than the MLE. Which got me to thinking what about a sign and trade to get DJ offering Thabeet and T-Will. I'd love to see him in a Rockets jersey.

3. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Does NY even have money to spend? I love how the article tries to act like NY is the only realistic destination

4. lild713

lild713 Member

5. lild713

lild713 Member

gonna SIGN HIM!!!...i said 90 percent!! FREE AGENT!!! and HE WANTS TO PLAY HERE!

6. gah

gah Member

To be honest I think we will not get him bc he's not going to be affordable... and he doesn't want to play here bc we chose Joey Freaking Dorsey over him.

7. lild713

lild713 Member

He's not gettin paid much..like 5 mill 800k something...and if he wants to play home..then we can get him Cheap..not cheap cheap but Fair enough!

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

DAJ is a restricted free agent. The Clippers will match anything we offer, and we don't have a lot of cap space with which to work anyway compared to what other teams have to offer. It's not impossible, but I think acquiring Kyrylo Fensenko is a more likely scenario.

9. lild713

lild713 Member

10. lild713

lild713 Member

He's gonna come here..I think we will sign him..we tried to get him on the trade..but I guess maybe they knew he wanted to play here and wait for free agent?

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Should have drafted him - Dorsey was probably one of our big mistakes.

1 person likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The problem with Jordan, other than the fact that we don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer-sheet, is that he's still got glaring holes in his game, on both ends. Yes he's long, very athletic, a natural shot-blocker, and a natural rebounder. He's got all that, but he's not all that great of a defender, and of course, his offensive game is still very raw. He's still a big gamble. Yes the potential is there, and he's certainly improving, but his steals are low, he's often out of position, and he doesn't body up on his man the way a good defensive center does. Right now, he's a more athletic Kelvin Cato, with a much higher ceiling and better attitude. He could pay off, but he's got a long way to go.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rockets_4_life

Morey's biggest mistake, hopefully he can correct it this summer!;)

14. lild713

lild713 Member

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

Offense is half of the game, and DJ is HORRIBLE... not only at shooting, scoring, but pace, spreading the floor and passing. It only takes one player not playing within the system to destroy it.

17. nathan8

nathan8 Member

PP is our ''A'mare'', somebody tell me why he can't produce 20-10 a night? I beg?

18. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Ppat is a 20-10 guy, start him over luis.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Texas Native We Need:

[​IMG]