1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Hopkins - Houston's first round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Progs, Apr 17, 2013.

?

Do you like the selection of WR DeAndre Hopkins?

1. Yes

80.8%
  2. No

2.8%
  3. Undecided/ask me later/too early to tell

12.3%
  4. I wanted a different WR

1.9%
  5. Where's Geno Smith?!

2.2%
  1. Progs

Progs Member

DeAndre Hopkins

The Texans need to draft this kid in the first rd... Excellent prospect and would thrive next to Andre Johnson...

mikol13 and JaceMan da SpaceMan like this.
  2. Pringles

Pringles Member

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Agreed, he has great body control & strong hands (wears 3XL gloves). He's a phenomenal athlete, having also played basketball at Clemson as a freshman. He absolutely devoured LSU's vaunted secondary to the tune of 13 catches, 191 yards, and 2 TDs in his final game in the GA Dome. After Tavon Austin, he's the best WR prospect in the class.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Probably have to trade up to get him, but I'm all for him if he makes it to us.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Well maybe not. Going on a few draft sites have him going in the 2nd.

6. Progs

Progs Member

Austin
    Patterson
    Hunter
    will problaby go ahead of him... Hopefully he will still be around at 27...

7. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

There's really no telling. But my gut feeling says he will be the 2nd receiver off the board. I think Cordarrelle slides a bit. Austin being the first. Hunter could very well slide into the second imo.

1 person likes this.
  8. babyface44

babyface44 Member

Who's going to throw it to him if we draft him? WR is not the issue in Houston.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And going into last season ILB was not an issue for the Texans.

10. 45souf

45souf Member

Is the difference between the best receiver and a receiver we get in the 2nd rd, bigger than the difference between the highest ranked inside linebacker and one we can get in the 3rd rd?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't think there's much of a difference between the ILBs we can take in the 1st round to the players that could be available in the 2nd.

I would take DeAndre Hopkins in the first and Arthur Brown in the second if the options were available.

Either saftey or OT in the 3rd, whatever the best available is, more than likely a safety and the OT in the 4th.

That would be my ideal draft strategy/targets this year.

12. 45souf

45souf Member

I have to believe that a safety will be selected with 1 of our 2 3rd rounders

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Hopkins will be a big-time player in the NFL. Texans would be lucky to get him.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No doubt. From a certain perspective when you account for everything that he is arguably right up there as top WR prospect. I am so glad the WR position is showing quality depth this year. If not him, we will get a very good prospect WR no matter, but the more I read and hear about this kid, the more I want him on the Texans.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm gonna guess it'll be the guy that completed 112 passes for nearly 1,600 yards to Andre Johnson last year, marking career highs for the WR.

2 people like this.
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The 3 WRs currently on the roster outside of Dre had a combined 22 catches last season. And one of them won't be anywhere near ready come next season.

17. Progs

Progs Member

Hopkins- can be a real star in the NFL... I wonder if Texans really love him, would they trade there 4th rd pick to move 5 spots in the draft ???

Kenaan Allen- good WR

Robert Woods- Im not as HIGH on him as the other two, but can surprise though...

Hopkins talent can be somewhere around Marquise Lee from USC who is consider a BEAST and will problaby be a high pick next year...

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Reminds me alot of Roddy White, dreads, big hands, not a burner, amazing after catch, same size and can out jump everyone for a catch.

Hunter is who I want if we don't get Hopkins, regained most of his explosiveness after his acl injury.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

There was a time when Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson was being considered as the second receiver to come off the board. No longer. There are issues with maturity and football acumen. He is one year removed from junior college and remains very raw, and teams are clearly getting scared off. Teams love his ability to get yards after the catch. But can he figure out where he needs to be on the field. Some position coaches have been very turned off about his knowledge of routes and the overall passing game. "No way is he going in the first round," one GM said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...et-unpredictable;-well-after-tackles-are-gone

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

For the #27 pick, think " what player would make the biggest impact on the outcome of 16 games"

Probably another pass rushing/ TE covering OLB.

(oops shoulda been in the draft thread)