1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre, Dalembert or Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 15, 2011.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If u have thad young,u dont need Chase. Thabeet, even in his state right now would be more attractive in a package to orlando to get howard than scola or anyone else. One thing we have seen with orlando 2 times is when they've lost or traded their best players, they value the cap room flexibility and picks more so than anything.

Scola,Miller,and Chase for Kaman done early in the offseason does alot of things. It allows the rockets to traded Kaman again with another player if the magic decides to trade howard early in the season. He's also an expiring contract. Go and look how the magic turned francis deal into penny, which gave them a shorter contract coming off the books.

If the magic get antsy, the rockets could offer Kaman,thabeet, hill or patterson and picks of some kind. The 1st 3 would be expiring and patterson is a young guy. Kaman and Thabeet are centers which they would be trying to fill.

In the offseason,the rockets would still have enough to offer williams a max contract also. Those 2 are going to play together, its just a matter of where. If the rockets have to play the season with lowry,martin,young,patterson,and kaman, thats 50 win playoff team. During the season if howard became availible, the rockets have enough to get howard if orlando is willing to move him. I dont think they can trump the still assumed upside of bynum if thats what orlando wants, but they wont trade him interconference unless NJ gives up lopez and the scraps of picks the have left after the williams trade. I think the rockets are in good shape personally.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Just say no to Kaman!

[​IMG]

And yes to K-Hump!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

You have to be crazy to think we would come out winners if we gave up Scola for Chris Kaman...

4. herro

herro Member

The Clippers split up a DeAndre Jordan/Blake Griffin frontcourt why?

Not going to happen...

5. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

LOL, I think its very possible...do you know who their owner is? DeAndre Jordan is getting paid peanuts right now. Do you think Sterling would really poney up 10+ million for him?

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Thadeus Young? Sure, if we want to miss the playoffs again, let's bring in a SF that shoots 27% from downtown.

Also, we can we limit the Kris Humphries spam? The last thing we need is another PF.

#86 LongTimeFan, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  7. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

IF we decide to keep Adelman or promote Turner...Marc Gasol is a MUST have for this offense. He is the only center with a refined all around game. Im watching him in the playoffs right now, and he touches the ball on just about every play, can pass, and has a mid range. (Taller Scola) :cool:.

If we get a new coach, Gasol should be our number one priority STILL, but we shouldnt pursue him as hard. Deandre should be our target IF this is the case and we cannot get Gasol

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

SF We Can Believe In

[​IMG]

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Marc Gasol looks so poised and smart, playing great D, making great outlet passes and passes from the high post.

He would be perfect for our team.

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Because they dont compliment each other well, They will never win alot of games together. When u have a player like Blake you need more of an finesse type C center who can spread the D, like Gasol or somebody.

11. dartherus

dartherus Member

There is a claer strategy Rockets could have regarding Gasol.
    Convince Grizz that Rockets will overpay Gasol, and that's it's better for memphis, instead of matching the overpaid contract, to accept a lot of young assets/picks in return.

12. lild713

lild713 Member

13. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

After reading the hopes, wishes and wet dreams expressed in this thread, I am sympathetic to many of them, but let's be real about several things:

1) We are not getting Dwight Howard in a trade or free agency. Besides, he is more power forward than center.

2) The Grizz are not letting RFA Marc Gasol go to another team lest their fans revolt.

3) The Clips are not letting DeAndre Jordan go to another team lest Blake Griffin revolts.

4) Kaman and Dalembert are both good possibilities at center, but I think Dalembert is the more likely and (gasp!) probably would be a better fit for the Rockets. I'm not a Dalembert fan, but he is a stronger rebounder and defensive presence than Kaman.

5) My two favorite players are Scola and Bud, but, if we must sacrifice Scola to strengthen the SF spot, so be it. Hill and 2Pat can do the PF job if we have a true defensive center like Dalembert (that leaves a bad taste in my mouth every time I think it). Bud can come in to do the bombing when needed as a 20/25-minute sixth man. Work even harder on your defense, Bud! Practice your footwork, Thabeet!

Lowry / Dragic
    Martin / Lee
    SF Upgrade / Bud
    2Pat / Hill
    Dalembert / Thabeet

15. LongTimeFan

Was this a joke, thumbs?

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Nope. Is Tim Duncan a PF or a C? Like Duncan or Okafor, Howard can play C quite well, but, IIRC, all three are better suited to PF. And, yes, I would love to acquire him, but, no, he has said he would rather go to Los Angeles if he moves at all.

17. LongTimeFan

:eek:

Dwight Howard is the best center in basketball.. I'm not sure why you think he's a PF? Compared to Duncan, Howard lacks the perimeter game (bank shot) to make a living at that spot as Timmy has. Most of Dwight's points are dunks or drives to the rim. Duncan also has an aversion to being called a center, which is why most call him PF despite him playing several minutes at the C spot.

IMO, your PF should be able to hit the 15 footer, which Dwight certainly struggles at. I see a 100% center in Dwight Howard.. I don't think I've ever seen someone say he's better suited for the PF spot until now.

18. worzel gummidge

Avery wants him and the Nets will look at ways to get Deron to sign an extension.

I think the Nets will overpay for him this free agency.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

If Dwight and Okafor aren't centers, who is?

20. Rocketaggie89

Rocketaggie89 Member

fify ;)