1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre, Dalembert or Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 15, 2011.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I think so

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I think Howard + Williams is a lot less likely than Howard + Paul.
    I just don't see the Nets trading Williams and I don't see both guys joining the Rockets in free agency either.

I do think there's a possibilty you could trade for Paul, who then could convince Howard to join him on the Rockets.

I also woudn't underestimate the chances of the Magic being 'forced' to trade Howard, at which point a DeAndre Jordan would come in handy.

IMO a trade package of DeAndre Jordan & Scola would be right up there, if not more attractive to the Magic than a package of say Noah & Boozer, Lopez & Humphries or Bynum + ?.

Point being, if you can get/afford somebody that's valued around the league for market value, you go after him.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Let me rephrase:

If you can get/afford somebody that's valued around the league, who could help you team both short and long term for market value, you go after him.

4. djimi

djimi Member

Dalembert?? What is the price for him? His previous salary is ridiculous, he's not consistent, do you really want to pay big money for a center? i got the feeling we might have a chance with D. Howard if we create enough cap space for 2012. If Magic loses again this year and not make at least the east final, he will be one unhappy camper. its already begun today with the loss to Hawks. we need to start showing D. Howard we have great team for him to fit in, imagine a starting 5 of K. Martin, Scola, Lowry, DH and Chase, with Hayes, Patterson, Lee, Yao(!!??) coming off the bench. Magic front office made a mistake of breaking up the team that brought them to the finals 3 years back.

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Bring deandre to houston!!

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Watching the Blazers and Mavs, and seeing how well Chandler is protecting the paint with rebounds and block shots makes me wonder how far we could have gone with him in the starting lineup instead of a 6'6" center.

Successful managers are paid to succeed and to the extent we have started Hayes for 2 consecutive years is an indirect indictment on Morey and Les. Getting close to sign a player that we have needed is no consolation, no matter what the Les and Morey apologists will tell you.

Sorry for the little rant, just frustrated that once again my team is on the outside looking in.

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Sorry, but it's not that easy. He is an UFA and the clippers hv somewhat made a commitment to him by stating they will match anything

8. AXG

AXG Member

No way the Rockets are paying $11 mil per year for DeAndre Jordan.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Free Agents almost by definition are overpaid, especially when they're big men known by regular NBA fans. So yes, technically if we can get Jordan for manageable money, then I wouldn't be against it. But the market for young big men with upside has never been anything less than absurd. So your assumption is an unlikely one. IMO, more unlikely than even getting one of the big 3 next year(CP3/DWill/DHo).

Also, I said Dwight Howard and/or DWill. I don't even care about getting both. Just 1% chance of getting one IMO would be good enough. Especially because if one comes, it will be because the Rockets hit the jackpot and got a top 3 pick next year or something. Basically, I want to gamble rather than taking the sure "incremental improvement" that an average center will offer.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Meh, thats what I've been saying. If the rockets can trade miller and scola for kaman, thats equal salary.Sign thad young @6m per. Let chuck walk, dont pick up the options on williams,thabeet, or hill. At the end of 2012, the rockets would have enough to offer howard and williams a lebron james max contract. Not only that, young,patterson, and kaman makes the team much better defensively.

Lowry
    martin
    young
    patterson or hill
    kaman

Is a 50 win team with financial flexibility.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Sounds like the reasoning they employed in signing Trevor Ariza, which I liked. There's been some rumblings lately that the Magic will trade Dwight in the off-season.. Rockets fans should be rooting for Atlanta like crazy if true.

That said, I just don't see us having the assets to pull off a CP3 & Dwight deal. CP3 will cost you Lowry + draft picks + Budinger or Clee.. what's left to go after Dwight with?

12. worzel gummidge

Williams is looking like a pipedream. I say he signs an extension this off-season.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I want no part of D. Will or CP3 with the way that Lowry has played this season. On top of that, he will only get better. Just go after D. Howard this offseason when the Magic don't make it ( cause they won't). As a matter of fact, Lowry, at only 24, will be better than those two in a season or two.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm glad we can agree on something. :)

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Easy there buddy. I agree that Dwight Howard is by far more important. In fact, Howard is probably the only player in the NBA today that can single-handedly take us into top contender status. But I'd still easily take DWill/CP3 simply because it's just not easy to upgrade when you have decent players everywhere(but no stars).

16. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

We can get him in a sign and trade if we offer the right pieces, I personally would have Hill, Bud Thabeet, Cousins, Blakley, First rounders, TE money available, not all in one, but a package. None of my core 7 Players.

If we can get him with any of above it would be wonderful for our organization.

People see D.Jordan and says he has no Basketball IQ. Of course he doesnt if hes not playing in an intelligence offense. In the right situation, he will do everything that is asked of him. Block, Dunk, Rebound. If he develops a passing game would be extra. Remember Chuck is a PF if we get Jordan he would play along side of Deandre at the 4 spot making those high post backdoor passes and alley oops to a 6'11 athletic freak who shoots about .600 percent from the field career wise.

Its a no brainer. Jordan is our guy!!!

We also need a proven 3 but He is the answer to the 5 postion

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No. Scola is an asset. We can get Kaman for Thabeet and Miller if we want him. That would give us around $19 million in expirings (Kaman, Hill, Dragic, TWill) plus talents like Lowry/Scola plus future picks to bring in two all-stars to play alongside Martin, Hayes, and Patterson, and possibly Yao.

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Scola, PPat, Kmart are all left..I'm sure we could make something work..highly unlikely this scenario even gets a consideration by the other team

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Due to Scola's BYC status, a Scola/Miller package will far just slightly short of matching Kaman's salary. If you want this trade done before the lockout, you'd basically have to throw in Budinger, and you know Morey won't do that.

I wonder (along the lines of jopatmc's thinking) if LAC would trade us Kaman in exchange for Thabeet, Miller and the #14 pick. jopatmc, there's no way LAC does your version without a sweetener. Given the weakness in this draft and with the Rockets still having two other decent picks, I'd probably do that trade. Sadly, even with the #14 pick included, I don't think LAC would. After all, Kaman is an expiring contract, so Sterling's only on the hook for one more year of his salary.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The sweetner is cash and salary savings between Thabeet/Miller and Kaman. We can also throw them a future first or the 23rd pick, most likely a future first, since they hate adding salary. #14 pick is way too much and Morey won't do it. Clips should be willing to do it to save money to give to Deandre to keep him.