1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadspin]The Rockets Are A Miserable Basketball Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

LOLOLOLOLOL Loving this feud over academic credentials. This is classic CF.

2. maw7079

maw7079 Member

NO ONE is

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Lin was traded to clear salary cap room to go after Bosh in free agency. Lawson was sent packing because he sucked regardless what situation the Rockets put him in. Lin had nothing to do with Harden. Lawson was only slightly Harden related. He didn't "run them off the team". I get it's trendy to whine about Harden nowadays, but let's at least not make stuff up.

4. chandlerbang21

Damn i hate the media. Everyone is taking a diarrhea dump on the rockets yet other teams get blown out and no one is talking about them.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the players look miserable. well, what did they think would happen when they got the 8th seed?

its their fault. they made their bed. they gave up early vacation for this and now look like they're being forced into it. if it meant so much to them to make the playoffs, they should at least act like it.

and for the fans, well, these are 4 games most of us would rather not watch. i'm sure the majority of fans would actually be happier if we were scouting for the 12th pick rather than waiting for another blowout where no one even tries.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Maybe next year the Rockets won't be terrible and then the media won't pile on.

Maybe...

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

They brought the media pile on to themselves.... They deserve every bit of it...

T_Man

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

lmao...

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Reading this makes me miss the days of the Jeremy Lin-sparked Clutchfans Civil War.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Other team's GMs don't go around self-promoting on Twitter. They don't go around making absurd statements like how nobody wants to face us in the Playoffs.

Other team's players don't go around declaring themselves MVP in the offseason then showing up out of shape and playing no defense.

Other team's players don't call themselves champions without having won anything.

1 person likes this.
  11. hlcc

hlcc Member

what other team are you referring to?

The Mavs got destroyed in game 1 but they managed to win game 2.
    The Grizzlies are playing without Conley or Gasol, so blowouts are expected.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It amazes me that so many people think a player can be as good as Harden with no work ethic. This is probably the first year in his entire career that Harden did not improve. Do you think he was just magically getting better each year without working on his game?

13. ibm

ibm Member

so how do you explain his lack of improvement this yr.?

14. JD88

JD88 Member

Pretty sure most people (most people that I know anyway) have been saying this same thing for... I don't know... months now.

The article doesn't tell us anything we don't already see.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Players eventually peak/level off. Maybe Harden reached his peak last year. Maybe the ankle injury slowed down his off-season. Maybe playing so many minutes wore him down. Maybe the entire team being a mess has something to do with it. I don't know the answer.

But I do know that he has shown the ability to improve as a player throughout his career and to doubt his work ethic based on one year of not doing so is a bit silly to me.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

And in other news water is wet!!!!!!:eek:

17. ibm

ibm Member

idk either. but out of the possibilities you provided,,,

he's peaked out - not so good news for the team, is it?
    ankle injury doesnt explain a pro athlete gaining considerable weight in the off-season;
    minutes played? so his body condition cant handle the minutes he's been playing? that's strange, because many before him had played way over 40 minutes and were still effective on BOTH sides of the court;
    the entire team being a mess? they're essentially the same teammates from last yr. and he had his wishes granted in the acquisition of lawson and the firing of mchale.

i just love the sorry excuses his fans have been willing to give to harden. if it's not the coach, it's his teammates. it's just never his own problems, such as his lack of leadership and efforts (esp. on defense).

18. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

It's worse news than if he were an immortal who could improve infinitely but better news than for teams who don't have a player as good as the current Harden, which is most of them.

Harden has all sorts of flaws, but let's keep it in perspective--short of getting Curry, one of the Thunder duo, James, Paul or Leonard, any other player we could have would be even more flawed and thus even more ripe for being raked over the coals.

So that's six players who would improve this situation over Harden. Let's b**** about Harden, though...he's clearly the reason this team is mediocre.

19. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I didn't know where else to put this, so this thread will have to do:

I am just so frustrated and angry that this team has constantly been a let down this entire season, and this playoff series is the culmination of just a terrible year. They could've had 50 wins, they could've had the 7th seed, they could've missed the playoffs and retained a lottery pick, they could've MAYBE won last night, they could've not fired their coach, they could've started better players, and they could've just tried harder. I'm just over it. Somebody wake me up when free agency starts.

20. ibm

ibm Member

the bolded part is the only part in that post of yours where you got it right imo, my friend. :cool: